1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 4 of these lights now - love them. I have three of them rigged with clear scope covers (Butler Creek® Clear Blizzard Scope Caps, Caps & Covers, Riflescope Accessories, Optics, Hunting : Cabela's) that I removed the clear lens that came with it, traced and cut two circles from stencil plastic from Wally world Plaid Craft Stencils, Blanks, 7" x 10": Crafts : Walmart.com, then reinstalled the clear lens on top of the two layers of stencil plastic. Works like a champ. For video and stills, still has a little bit of a hotspot, but should tame it some for night diving in clearer waters. I have one rigged up with a piece of bicycle inner tube holding a piece of white plastic on the front for still pictures with my Canon - plastic is from the packaging for trailer hitches at Hoem Depot - just look under the hitch and there is the plastic.

I love these lights! DRIS - what about a soft goodman glove for these? hint, hint...

One place this light really does well is during daylight dives when peeking under rocks and into crevices. It is bright enough to make a real difference.

One place this light really does well is during daylight dives when peeking under rocks and into crevices. It is bright enough to make a real difference.

Yep, I use mine just about every dive looking around at stuff.

I like mine too, but I do wish the beam can be a bit tighter. Still the best bang for the buck light out there

This light is incredible. I think it might be a little too bright for a night dive in clear conditions. I use it to hunt lobsters , I think it cooks them before I can catch them. Sounds silly but I was thinking of somehow attaching a filter to tone it down a little.

This light is incredible. I think it might be a little too bright for a night dive in clear conditions. I use it to hunt lobsters , I think it cooks them before I can catch them. Sounds silly but I was thinking of somehow attaching a filter to tone it down a little.

I'm liking the butler creek solution!

---------- Post Merged at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I have 4 of these lights now - love them. I have three of them rigged with clear scope covers (Butler Creek® Clear Blizzard Scope Caps, Caps & Covers, Riflescope Accessories, Optics, Hunting : Cabela's) that I removed the clear lens that came with it, traced and cut two circles from stencil plastic from Wally world Plaid Craft Stencils, Blanks, 7" x 10": Crafts : Walmart.com, then reinstalled the clear lens on top of the two layers of stencil plastic. Works like a champ. For video and stills, still has a little bit of a hotspot, but should tame it some for night diving in clearer waters. I have one rigged up with a piece of bicycle inner tube holding a piece of white plastic on the front for still pictures with my Canon - plastic is from the packaging for trailer hitches at Hoem Depot - just look under the hitch and there is the plastic.

I love these lights! DRIS - what about a soft goodman glove for these? hint, hint...

I'm going to use a milk jug for my plastic. And if the domed portion is the correct diameter I'll use that.

I just ordered the DRIS 1000 lumen to be my new back up light. Can this thing really be anywhere near 1000 lumens??? At that price - you almost cant get hurt!

I just ordered the DRIS 1000 lumen to be my new back up light. Can this thing really be anywhere near 1000 lumens??? At that price - you almost cant get hurt!

Not only is it bright but it survives a flood pretty dam well as well. :doh: A great light for a great price.

Back
Top Bottom