12 year old Amphibico Sony video housing service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MN Lakeman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just learned that the Amphibico housing company was acquired by another Canadian company, Aquatica several years ago. My housing has over 300 dives on it over 12 years & has delivered fantastic worry free performance until last week. The record button (electronically interfaced with the high end HD Sony camcorder along with 4 other buttons....) stopped engaging the record function. Any ideas on who might be able to service it? Aquatica has not bothered to return my email regarding this issue.

Which model of housing? Can you provide a pic of the handle?

You may be able to get a used housing on eBay.

I think I still have a pair of handles that look like the ones in this pic

s-l300.jpg

Which model of housing? Can you provide a pic of the handle?

You may be able to get a used housing on eBay.

I think I still have a pair of handles that look like the ones in this pic

View attachment 759873
I have a complete HD Amphibico system I would probably sell. I bought it from Jill Hinerth a few years ago, she used it for her Nat Geo films, it has spare still in bags, handles for the unit. Its the Z71U think I have that right, HD asset tapes, Amphibico 10 Watt lights... batteries. I do charge them still to maintain them. I have three systems and this one pretty much sits.Has external monitor, you can flip the LCD screen and view it on the top of the housing.

I have a complete HD Amphibico system I would probably sell. I bought it from Jill Hinerth a few years ago, she used it for her Nat Geo films, it has spare still in bags, handles for the unit. Its the Z71U think I have that right, HD asset tapes, Amphibico 10 Watt lights... batteries. I do charge them still to maintain them. I have three systems and this one pretty much sits.Has external monitor, you can flip the LCD screen and view it on the top of the housing.
Jill used Z1u. What are you asking for it?

Jill used Z1u. What are you asking for it?
Yes your right, I looked at it after this post. its a Z1u. open for discussion... pm my if you wish

Back
Top Bottom