$15,000 Florida Lobster Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what if no one gets a 16 lber?? does the highest get the $15000?? and second and 3rd go down from there?

what if no one gets a 16 lber?? does the highest get the $15000?? and second and 3rd go down from there?

No.

From a previous post:

Prizes
Grand Prize is $15,000.00. To be eligible for the grand prize the contestant must weigh a lobster that meets or exceeds 16.00 pounds in weight. The weight will be weighed to the nearest 1/100s of a pound. There will be only one Grand Prize. If more than one weighed lobster meets or exceeds 16.00 pounds the largest of the weighed lobsters will win. If there is a tie in pounds and 1/100s of a pound the lobster weighed first will win.

Largest Lobster Prizes

1st Place: $ 1000.00 CASH

2nd Place: $ 500.00 Scuba Works Bucks

3rd Place: $ 250.00 Scuba Works Bucks

According to the report, this bug (which looks big enough) is a mere 11 lb tiddler:

lobster.jpg

Giant spiny lobster, wrested from island cave, gets new home at Monterey Bay Aquarium | Outposts | Los Angeles Times

I trust that lobster was dead otherwise that fellow might be singing like the one of the Bee Gees right about now.:)

I trust that lobster was dead otherwise that fellow might be singing like the one of the Bee Gees right about now.:)

Apparently not - he donated it to a local aquarium. It seems the lobsters smoke reefers and stay mellow in California too.

Unless its wrapped in gold coins from some sunken ship, I think I'll leave anything that I have to wrestle underwater alone.

You might try contacting the ! IGFA, International Game Fish Association and asking them.

Well I took a quick work break and called to inquire about the Caribbean Spiny Lobster record and I suspect they are still laughing. They indicated they do not keep records for crustaceans. I suggested that if they were to throw a few on the grill and dip into butter they would probaly quickly change their minds. LOL

P.S. I did call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom