150 tons of coral rock stolen is Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably snuck in there at night and carried it away in a jon boat. That's what I think.

Good theory but only one thing wrong with it. If your in a jon boat on the Atlantic side at night. Your chances of being caught are about 95%. The Coast Guard will put up along side you with huge lights and a bull horn and scare the bojugess out of you. :rofl3:

i found out a couple weeks ago some areas in our intracoastal can get over 6 inches of sand washed over objects in the course of a day, the sand idea seems pretty realistic or an insurance fraud, to get that much rock moved on land is a nightmare and for someone to go in they would probably get spotted or have a trail of ohh this ginormous boat with tanks was used this day for no reason at all.

I just heard they've caught the gang that did it. People have said it was pretty obvious all along that it took a coordinate effort among many individuals along with some nature talent or abilities.

Some of the suspects:

reef_animals.jpg

486860037_acaaf7e372.jpg

The Gangs Method of Operation

Some of the gang are claiming the evidence is just a load of poo... :D

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Did anyone consider the wife . . .:crafty:

woops didnt realise the rocks wernt insured, could have easily just been covered by sand though, or could be just trying to seek pitty look at that octomom chick shes gotten a ton of donations and such outa pitty, figure the economy is bad and to go and sell at 1/2 price and make look like a theft would move the coral, get attention and his cost would be covered plus getting possible pitty cash or donated rock or time to rebuild. It had to be sand, another farm, one of the equiped barge owners or a possible pitty move to get attention and possible donations. the Barges that could do that would have to have proof that it was whoever's lease or would get into serious trouble so they would need a huge cut to risk their business and for enough people to pick apart his reef would be rediculous to even think

Didn't check on a million dollar pile of rocks for a year and a half?

Must not have been too important.

If I had that kind of investment in my life's work, I would be more diligent with looking after it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom