17 cu. ft. Pony Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGNickl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
  • (1) Catalina 17 cu. ft. tank
  • Sling setup in the picture
  • REMORA quick release tank mount system - Never been in the water
  • Button SPG
  • 36" Miflex hose - Never been in the water
  • Zeagle Envoy Razor 1st Stage (screws into the tank) - Never been in the water. Comes w/ the fill adaptor (hooks into standard fill whip).
  • HOG 2nd stage - Never been in the water
Asking $350 shipped to your door or less if your local. Feel free to make reasonable offers.

I have over $400 in this setup. I used to have another setup last year, over the winter I upgraded everything except sling, tank, and button spg. Everything else is brand new. This is not your left over 2nd use parts pony setup, its brand new shiny high end setup. Tanks original hydro is 05/07. Also, the tank is really a 17 cu. ft tank, its not a standard production model tank you will find listed on the catalina website. I was told its a small production batch tank made for use specifically in rebreathers, but makes a great small pony bottle setup.

Here is how I got to my total:

Envoy Razor 1st - $120 ($175 new)
HOG D1 2nd Stage - $60 ($90 new)
MiFlex - $25 ($35 new)
Tank w/ sling -$85 ($120 new)
SPG - $10 ($30 new)
Remora Tank Mount $20 ($100 new)
+ $25 shipping
+ $6.50 paypal fees

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

This is almost identical to the pony I built, except I used a Luxfer 19cf and an XS reg for the second. This is a great deal, if I had any need for a second pony I would jump all over it.

For anyone wondering, that Zeagle Razor on top is a combo valve & first stage; it's a great pony reg and far more streamlined than a standard valve & 1st stage, and makes for at least one less o-ring to fail. Zeagle also makes a transfill adaptor for it, if you would rather just fill your pony off your main tank.

Anyone? $325 or taking reasonable offers for the setup shipping to your door?

Might separate items assuming I can sell the major components? Prices for separate items below (prices below do not include shipping).

Envoy Razor 1st - $110
HOG D1 2nd Stage - $60
MiFlex - $25
Tank w/ sling - $80
SPG - $10
Remora Tank Mount $15

$300 shipped within the continental US (+ 2.9% if paypal or nothing if cash/check/money order).

Hi I am interested, as I have been thinking of getting a pony, but being a fairly new diver, I am not familiar with this set up. What should I do to bring this up to speed to take with me on a dive? get it inspected again by my lds and filled for my next dive? do ppl usually use rebreather tanks as a pony? Thanks for the info

Hi I am interested, as I have been thinking of getting a pony, but being a fairly new diver, I am not familiar with this set up. What should I do to bring this up to speed to take with me on a dive? get it inspected again by my lds and filled for my next dive? do ppl usually use rebreather tanks as a pony? Thanks for the info
PM Sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom