18 days in North Sulawesi - where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have done 3 trips to North Sulawesi so far, the last time in 2017, covering Bunaken, Lembeh and Bangka.
Now, I am going back to Manado for about 18 nights, and I am looking for two resorts, doing a refresher at the first one.
I was considering Lembeh (but heard about mixed reports) and Bangka, choosing Thalassa Lembeh and Murex Bangka. I also had stunning dives 2016 when we went from Bunaken to the Sulawesi coast for exiting coral and critter.
The travel agent suggested Pulisan Resort located near Cap Sulawesi instead of Lembeh. How is the diving there?
And unfortunately, I could not find recent reviews.
I also read that most dive centres have one guide for 4 divers, whereas last time in Bastianos Lembeh, I had my own guide.

Which dive location would you recommend?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Liberty

Check out Nomad Divers on Bangka. It is a small resort owned and operated by a Dutch fellow and his Belgian wife. Inexpensive, fun, and they have an excellent dive crew.

I really would like to know where you "heard about mixed reports ". All our guests at the moment are very happy with every single dive they make here. And two of them have been here in 2017 as well. Of course if someone had the bad luck to dive Lembeh after a period of extreme bad weather, this experience could be rather disappointing. At Divers Lodge Lembeh you would your own private guide, and private boat.
To decide about Pulisan and which resort at Bangka, you might want to consider how the winds are during the period of your planned stay. Usually the very strong winds from the South-West are blowing during July and August, while December and January brings winds from the North-West to North-East. Anyway, wish you and excellent holiday.

Now, I am going back to Manado for about 18 nights, and I am looking for two resorts, doing a refresher at the first one.

i think you can do a refresher almost everywhere... but the fastest is a resort with a jetty or a diveable beach...

I was considering Lembeh (but heard about mixed reports) and Bangka, choosing Thalassa Lembeh and Murex Bangka. I also had stunning dives 2016 when we went from Bunaken to the Sulawesi coast for exiting coral and critter.
The travel agent suggested Pulisan Resort located near Cap Sulawesi instead of Lembeh. How is the diving there?

the diving there can be good... but i want to give you a free advice... near pulisan the locals open a port/beach full of music bars.. last summer, during the evening we hear the party music... from bangka ! :eek::eek::eek:

I also read that most dive centres have one guide for 4 divers, whereas last time in Bastianos Lembeh, I had my own guide.

thats it... in lembeh a private guide is common... in other place depend how many guest there are.. maximum 4 divers... often we are 2 divers and one guide!

Thank you.

Best regards,

Liberty

I always advertise coraleye resort ... they have just inaugurated the new villas and they are wonderful ... but perhaps the rooms are better for a single!
have a good trip

I have done 3 trips to North Sulawesi so far, the last time in 2017, covering Bunaken, Lembeh and Bangka.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Liberty

Is there a reason that you aren't returning to Bastianos?

I love the Passport to Paradise by Murex.

I also had a very good experience at NAD on Lembeh, last winter. Guides are 2 to one but I was only one and so had my own guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom