18 Fathom Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you’re looking for another long boat ride, south of there is a wreck from the 1800s that no one is diving. All that’s left are the wooden ribs covered in white anemones. It looks like a rib cage on the bottom. One of our group found an old pad lock on it. We’re pretty sure it was from the treasure chest we never found. 😉

How far south? I know of a wreck similar to your description 35 miles southwest in 120.

That might be it. It was almost off the South Carolina state line. I have the Loran coordinates somewhere. Did anyone ever ID it?

Not that I'm aware of. There were some treasure hunters blowing sand at a few other wrecks but seemed to have left it alone. There's two smaller wrecks in the area as well. One is just hullplates and the other is pipes of some sort resting on something.

I would be interested in hearing more about that wreck deepsea...I have a thing for 1800's wooden vessels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom