1987 Oasis EAN36 compatability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akeegan2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I still dive my recently-serviced 1987 Oasis regulator. Are there any problems diving EAN36?

Regards,
Al

As long as they clean it and use the proper lubricant. But you should ask the store were you got it serviced. If they say they used silicon then they did not clean it for enriched air use.

When I began diving Nitrox, it was designated NOAA I (32%) and NOAA II (36%). We did nothing special to a reg when we switched to Nitrox, and used silicon for reg lube. I don't remember having died from this, but I'll have to check my old logs.

Did I say O2 clean? No I did not, What condition is the interior of the regulator in? Is there any carbon in the first stage that got by the compress filter? You don't know and I don't know. Teller your supposed to be cylinder O2 tech if you don't know what the history of the equipment is error on the side of caution.

Back
Top Bottom