1st trip to Belize- May 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
This is my 1st post here. My wife and I plan to join a birdwatching group in Belize in late May of next year. The group plans to spend the last 2 nights on Caye Caulker. The group would do some snorkeling in the Caye Caulker Marine Reserve on the last full day in Belize and then fly out of Belize City the next day.

My wife and I are thinking of spending an extra 2 or 3 days down there so that we can do some scuba diving. We only have about 20 or 25 dives each so far and the last time we dove was in the Dominican Republic in 2019.

Are there some good dive shops on Caye Caulker that can take us out for a couple dives per day? We hope to find a reputable shop that does not have too many people on each dive.

We do not have much in the way of our own equipment so we would need to rent pretty much everything.

Thanks for any tips you can offer!

We did our open water class with French Angel Expeditions in 2022. Their shop is about a 10 minute walk south of The Split. They are a smaller dive shop and give great personal service. Call ahead or keep an eye on the chaulk board outside the shop for open hours as they are usually out diving.

Hi...i'm new here...

I'm looking for folks with ground level intel and guidance on Belize. Please direct or connect me as you see fit.

I've booked my flight and hotels for Belize for me and my two teenage divers Dec 27-Jan 2. We dove Cozumel back in June. It was beautiful, but not much in the way of larger marine life. I'm looking for beauty & good conditions first because my kids are beginners (but competent); however, I'd love to get some larger sea life in our dives. Any suggestions or hot sports opinions about topside situations...highly appreciated. We're set to stay at Mahogany Resort and Pelican Reef.

Scott

Hi...i'm new here...

I'm looking for folks with ground level intel and guidance on Belize. Please direct or connect me as you see fit.

I've booked my flight and hotels for Belize for me and my two teenage divers Dec 27-Jan 2. We dove Cozumel back in June. It was beautiful, but not much in the way of larger marine life. I'm looking for beauty & good conditions first because my kids are beginners (but competent); however, I'd love to get some larger sea life in our dives. Any suggestions or hot sports opinions about topside situations...highly appreciated. We're set to stay at Mahogany Resort and Pelican Reef.

Scott
My wife and I just returned from Belize 3 weeks ago. We stayed at a VRBO in Hopkins and did 2 days of diving. Day 1 we did a 2 tank dive on the local reef about 15 miles due east off the coast of Hopkins. Day 2 we did a 3 tank dive at Glover Atoll which is about 30 miles east/NE off the coast of Hopkins. Both spots did not disappoint with lots of live coral formations and an abundance of sea life. Lost of fish, lion fish, grouper, barracuda, lobster, sea turtles, nurse sharks and dolphins. Happy Go Luckie Tours was our dive operator and I cannot say enough good things about them. Would highly recommend if you're in the Hopkins area. Weather wise it rained a little bit every night, but during the day it was always 90F, sunny and humid.

This is my 1st post here. My wife and I plan to join a birdwatching group in Belize in late May of next year. The group plans to spend the last 2 nights on Caye Caulker. The group would do some snorkeling in the Caye Caulker Marine Reserve on the last full day in Belize and then fly out of Belize City the next day.

My wife and I are thinking of spending an extra 2 or 3 days down there so that we can do some scuba diving. We only have about 20 or 25 dives each so far and the last time we dove was in the Dominican Republic in 2019.

Are there some good dive shops on Caye Caulker that can take us out for a couple dives per day? We hope to find a reputable shop that does not have too many people on each dive.

We do not have much in the way of our own equipment so we would need to rent pretty much everything.

Thanks for any tips you can offer!
Black Durgon Dives on Caye Caulker was fantastic when i visited 9 years ago as a brand new diver. They are still operating with the same owners it looks like.

While on Caye Caulker, about 5 months ago, we used Frenchies for our diving. Nitrox was not available from them at that time. Night dive was fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom