1st underwater camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

must be user error :wink: just kidding

I think to get good macro shots you really have to play with the camera settings, and a light always helps to get a good focus on the "subject".... does it have an LCD screen on the back of the camera? or do you just use the viewfinder??

Stryker:
must be user error :wink: just kidding

does it have an LCD screen on the back of the camera? or do you just use the viewfinder??

very funny (you'll pay for that one).
It does have an LCD screen, but I keep it turned off to save the battery life.. It does give you a quick picture of what you took though...
I suppose I'll try it out tomorrow, if the conditions are good.. :)

I'd recommend an Olympus, since I've been very satisfied with mine. Every image in my Scubaboard gallery was taken with an Oly C-750. An advantage of that company is that they make their own underwater housings, which makes them a lot cheaper than having to buy an aftermarket housing from another company. I wanted a camera that was as versatile as possible both above and below the surface, and the C-750's 10x optical lens was just what I was looking for. Plus, I was very impressed with Oly's customer service when I had to take my camera in for a repair (due to damage I caused, not a problem with the camera itself). You should be able to find an inexpensive Olympus and its corresponding housing for a very reasonable price. Try www.buydig.com. I've had good luck with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom