2 hp 100's new hydro and vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jefffalcone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have 2 hp 100's. I believe they are worthingtons, not sure. they are the silver colored ones. I just got them hydroed in july. It was the first time I hydroed them so second hydro, so basically new in the life of a steel tank. They have convertable valves, but I dive din and have lost the inserts. I"m pretty sure new inserts can be had for a couple of bucks. $500 firm for the pair. I'm not interested in haggling. Steel is expensive these days and they are definitely worth it. Local pick-up or close meet-up only. Great tanks in great shape. Only selling because I need the cash.

I also have an AL 80 that I'd part with. Its out of hydro, but I'd be willing to guarentee it passes or money back. $100 firm

---------- Post Merged on November 11th, 2012 at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous Post was on November 10th, 2012 at 11:24 AM ----------

i'd be willing to take $450

still available

---------- Post Merged on November 13th, 2012 at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was on November 12th, 2012 at 05:10 AM ----------

I thought these were priced to sell. What's the deal? Am I asking for too much? With the price of steel these days I thought they would be gone in hours

I thought these were priced to sell. What's the deal? Am I asking for too much? With the price of steel these days I thought they would be gone in hours

HP steels sold as doubles with bands and manifold might bring $500 if you're lucky. Singles have been selling for about $150 each. Certain tanks like LP 85s command a premium, but even those can be had for less than $250. Are you talking about skinny neck (7/8) HP 3500s?

i was saying 3 tanks for $500. 2 hp 100s and a al 80. what do you think a fair asking price would be? I based my price off what I saw others asking.

---------- Post Merged at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:52 PM ----------

HP steels sold as doubles with bands and manifold might bring $500 if you're lucky. Singles have been selling for about $150 each. Certain tanks like LP 85s command a premium, but even those can be had for less than $250. Are you talking about skinny neck (7/8) HP 3500s?

I was seriously asking for advice. Sometimes it's hard to read peoples tone on these things. I'm just talking about regular common hp 100's like the ones that every dive shop sells. nothing rare or unusual. i'm not sure what you mean by skinny neck. hp 100s as doubles with manifold for $500 is pretty cheep. I think you exaggerate a bit. I sold al 80s with manifold for $400 and had tons of interest and a quick sale. hp 100s cost double what al 80s cost.

not to be argumentitive, but i just read the first 5 pages of the classified section and i didn't see anyone asking for less than $250. where are the going for $150?

I see those Steel 100's on Ebay for around $175 - 200 on a regular basis.

I'd love to buy them from you but I'm in Cali

I sold a set of HP 120 doubles with bands & manifold for $500 and it took a while to get that price. But those were PSTs with 7/8 neck. You can tell the older HP tanks because the neck is smaller, so they use different valves. Also the service pressure is 3500 instead of 3442.

I have bought and sold plenty of HP tanks and never paid or got more than $175 including some with recent hydro. I know there are some folks out there paying $200 or more, but I just don't understand it. Check out past sales on Fleabay or the classifieds on TDS. If someone offers you $175 each, I'd grab it. But you should verify if you have PST, Worthington, Faber, etc. Its easy to tell from the manufacturers stamp.

depending on the cost, I would be interested in the HP100's if you could ship to NJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom