2 New tanks SX Scuba DIN - Yoke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just picked up 2 new XS Scuba tanks from Scuba.com. 1 HP80 and 1 HP100.
The tanks look good and my wife and I are ready to dive with them. I wanted to ask XS Scuba if I should store them full or partial pressure.

In addition, the tanks came with a convertible valve however, we use yoke type regulators. I believe most shops/boats can fill to HP with the yoke but some require DIN. (Just remove the insert.) If I just switch to DIN regulators, will I have a hard time getting fills on most boats or at resorts?

Dave

Hello Dave:
First, thank you for your business, I appreciate it.

I guess it is best to define the word "storage." If you're like me, my tanks are never in "storage" they are simply drying off and poised for the next dive. My tanks are full and ready to go without a trip to the dive store. If I was planning to not use the tanks for a month or more I would drain them down to a couple hundred PSI.

For filling with DIN valves, it really is no problem. Most fill stations have a fill hose that is dedicated to DIN or a Fill Adapter (AC375) as shown here http://xsscuba.com/fillers.html. Remember you can always just reinstall your DIN Adapters that was included with your valves. Or as many DIN divers do, just purchase a Fill Adapter and have it at hard in case the fill station doesn't have one.

You can contact me at 866 977-2822 if you have more question.

Teamcasa:
The tanks look good and my wife and I are ready to dive with them. I wanted to ask XS Scuba if I should store them full or partial pressure.

In addition, the tanks came with a convertible valve however, we use yoke type regulators. I believe most shops/boats can fill to HP with the yoke but some require DIN. (Just remove the insert.) If I just switch to DIN regulators, will I have a hard time getting fills on most boats or at resorts?

Dave

Teamcasa:

Dave

I'm running PST E7-80s which have the same set-up for valves and our regulators have DIN connections.

I always install my donuts in the valves for filling. I don't need some beat up dive shop whip or adapter going in and out of the threads my regulator runs in.

I have never had a problem with a shop going to 3442 PSI and a tad extra on a yoke. I'm sure there are shops out there that will have a bird tough.

You are more likely to find an occasional shop or especially boat that can't go to 3442 period.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom