DIN Tank Availability in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dflaher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm considering replacing my old yoke regulator with a new DIN one. Before I do I wanted to find out about the availability of DIN tanks (or convertible ones which the insert can be removed) in Cozumel. I would bring an DIN =>Yoke adapter just in case, but would rather not use it. Thanks.

Aldora has DIN tanks. Blue Angel tells me they have DIN tanks, as well. I travel with an adapter as you plan to do and I also travel with a hex set so I can remove the insert if it is still in the valve when delivered to the boat and the boat can't find their hex wrench.

^Which hex set do you bring? I've heard that the inserts aren't standard-sized and can be either metric or SAE.

I have a standard set of metric that goes from 2mm (maybe 3mm)-8mm. I also have a 5/16" that I bring. I spoke to a company that sells tanks and they told me those various sizes would likely work for all inserts I come across. Haven't had the need to use them in Mexico, yet. DIN tank has always shown up DIN (with the exception of one time and it was after that I decided to bring hex wrenches with me on every dive trip)

Most (all) of Aldora tanks are DIN tanks with a donut inserted to accept a yoke. A hex key is required to remove the donut.
1709941205037.jpeg

Just don't try to fly out of Cozumel with them in your carry on bag. :D
Never do. On the way home I check as much as possible.

Make sure whomever you are diving with knows you want DIN tanks and they can have for you. Readily available on the island.
As I left Aldora ownership in 2020, all tanks were DIN/YOKE. AS BEST I KNOW THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED.

DAVE DILLEHAY

We have DIN regulators. We always have adapters. Makes it easy. We dive with a few different ops. I am sure if we asked ahead we could have DIN tanks, if the dive company didn’t have them they are easily rentable. With with our adapters it’s just not that important for us to have a DIN tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom