Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone needs yoke conversions for SP regs I have a few extras ... taken off when converting to DIN.

$25 delivered.

Attachments

• 20240414_082117.jpg
    20240414_082117.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 16
I’m rebuilding my reg set at the moment and had my mk25 eco yoke on the table when I saw your post. So here’s a photo:View attachment 836662
As you ca see it's the most compact setup - it leaves more headspace than your DIN reg setup.
Interesting - so DIN actually puts the reg closer to your head than Yoke.

I have never had trouble with turning my head using DIN.

Why don't you just get DIN stages in the future. I cannot see any advantages to yoke.anyway.....

I cannot see any advantages to yoke anyway...
There's only one, and it really only applies to traveling in the Caribbean / US / Mexico. I bet its not nearly the issue over in the EU as it can be over here. Without fail, half the tanks on the boat are going to be k-valves only and the tank with the DIN valve you requested isn't completely topped up or the yoke insert won't easily remove. For me, not worth fighting it. For recreational travel anywhere on this side of the world, its much easier to just take the 1st with the yoke and cross one potential issue off the list. Again, I think this might be an "Americas" problem that you wouldn't need to overthink over in Deutschland.

There's only one, and it really only applies to traveling in the Caribbean / US / Mexico. I bet its not nearly the issue over in the EU as it can be over here. Without fail, half the tanks on the boat are going to be k-valves only and the tank with the DIN valve you requested isn't completely topped up or the yoke insert won't easily remove. For me, not worth fighting it. For recreational travel anywhere on this side of the world, its much easier to just take the 1st with the yoke and cross one potential issue off the list. Again, I think this might be an "Americas" problem that you wouldn't need to overthink over in Deutschland.
It was easier/faster for the boat crew on the Raja Ampat LOB I did last year to refill yoke setup tanks in place as the fill whip was a yoke connector.

For DIN reg setups, they had to remove and reinstall the DIN to yoke tank valve insert every time they did a refill.

For me, I keep the tank as low as possible with the goal being the first stage is in back of my neck. I do have some trouble because I am short. Another thing that helps is angle the tank so the first stage is pointing to my left side a bit. It makes reaching the valve knob easier and gives a bit of space.

Interesting - so DIN actually puts the reg closer to your head than Yoke.
Because you have got a DIN 300 bar kit on a 200 bar combo DIN/yoke valve.
Scubapro also sells, for a few bucks (49), the DIN 200 bar kit, which has a shorter screw, entering completely in the valve instead of leaving two threads out.
With the DIN 200 bar kit, your reg would end in the same distance as with the yoke mount, or with the 300 bar kit fully screwed in a 300 bar valve.
Furthermore, when using the DIN to Yoke adaptor, the 200 bar DIN kit would limit the extra space occupied, keeping the reg more far from your head, hence possibly making the adaptor a viable option.
If you don't plan to use 300 bar valves, a 200 bar DIN kit would be preferable to your current 300 bar DIN kit.

Here the 200 bar kit:

Here the 300 bar kit:

Are you factoring in being able to reach the valve? I’m still trying to find the balance between headspace and being able to reach the valve. I’m moving the tank up a little higher each dive and hopefully I’ll reach the valve before my headspace is too seriously compromised.
Edit: My age-related lack of flexibility doesn’t help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom