Is there a specific type of din to yoke adapter I need to buy for my aqualung legend regulator or will any din to yoke adapter do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know titanium may probably last forever but marine grade brass if cleaned properly after use should last a good 10 years
More like 100 years. This thing (a $470 titanium yoke adapter from Atomic) only exists because the manufacturer knows some people will always buy the most expensive version of anything.

And for those where money is no concern

It is not just the Ti, it is also the Atomic tax. For a whopping $200 less, you can get the SS version. That is $269 for folks following along and still $150 more than their Chromed Brass version. Which at $119 is still more than twice what one should reasonably be spending - Dive Rite Din to Yoke.

If you are headed down the road intending to take the tec ramp, Ti and O2 don't play together real well.
I would imagine that the number of Tec dives made with Din to Yoke adapters is vanishingly small - especially for deco gases.

Otherwise no benefit. Unless you want everyone to know you have too much money.
Brother Knight of the MK11 in the goodness of the Light of SP, just what are you trying to say here. :shhh:

Those bus tires can hurt ones back when we get run over. :rofl3:

It is not just the Ti, it is also the Atomic tax. For a whopping $200 less, you can get the SS version. That is $269 for folks following along and still $150 more than their Chromed Brass version. Which at $119 is still more than twice what one should reasonably be spending - Dive Rite Din to Yoke.

I would imagine that the number of Tec dives made with Din to Yoke adapters is vanishingly small - especially for deco gases.

Brother Knight of the MK11 in the goodness of the Light of SP, just what are you trying to say here. :shhh:

Those bus tires can hurt ones back when we get run over. :rofl3:
MK11....T.

That’s what I’m wondering. Why would someone want a titanium converter over regular marine grade brass. What benefits could this achieve.

More like a 100 years. This thing (a $470 titanium yoke adapter from Atomic) only exists because the manufacturer knows some people will always buy the most expensive version of anything.

There are even titanium backplates out there. I own a set of titanium chopsticks. There is little logic to "what people want." If I knew what people want, I'd be rich.

I am using willing to spend a little of my disposable money for the the name of science. Here my some is the measurements for titanium harness hardware vs typical SS hardware.

For glides, it is a wash. 4 glide for 28g. I have to use gram to measure because using OZ, difference with show up. Ti material is lighter but I’m for glide shape, it has to be machined. The raw Ti sheet is thicker. SS is simply stamp. No weight saving my using Ti glides.

For Dring, yes Ti is 2/3 is the weight of similar thickness dring. Weight saving is about 10g per dring. DIR style harness uses 5 stings, total weight saving is 50g or 1.7oz.

There are lot so simpler and cheaper thing to do to save >> 1.7oz. Such as ditch the padding in back and shoulder.

Attachments

• 427D7F0A-058D-4835-9F72-D214C51D722E.jpeg
    427D7F0A-058D-4835-9F72-D214C51D722E.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DC8855BB-2B1C-4F42-AC14-D976CA515C6E.jpeg
    DC8855BB-2B1C-4F42-AC14-D976CA515C6E.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 2AE3B0E4-A7C3-477F-AC55-28E7B13662D4.jpeg
    2AE3B0E4-A7C3-477F-AC55-28E7B13662D4.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 25
  • C4697633-D00A-4A90-9A2B-CA1DF88BA5A3.jpeg
    C4697633-D00A-4A90-9A2B-CA1DF88BA5A3.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 28
Scuba isn't bike racing or backpacking. Greater gear weight (per given volume) is actually beneficial when diving with a single tank as it allows you to reduce lead ballast.

Saving weight only matters when checking your bags and surely anyone who can afford all Ti gear will shrug off the occasional overweight charge.

Scuba isn't bike racing or backpacking. Greater gear weight (per given volume) is actually beneficial when diving with a single tank as it allows you to reduce lead ballast.

Saving weight only matters when checking your bags and surely anyone who can afford all Ti gear will shrug off the occasional overweight charge.

No it will not. If I replace my current travel warm water set up with all Ti, it will be heavier. Ti is almost 2x the density of AL. But as a whole, if some one from from SS to Ti, we are talking about 1-2lb at most. That include plate, STA, all glides, dring buckle. Brass regulator to Ti is another maybe 1lb of saving all stages total. If you can use AL wherever you can, it will be the lightest.

Back on to topic and the OP's question regarding adapters. Most any will work. However, the less expensive versions have cast threads which can be coarse and will cut/wear into the chrome plating on the DIN threads. The more expensive adapters are machined which will have smoother threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom