2006 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a student at an SEC school... someone really needs to explain to me why it is that one team cannot just be better than another? Without bringing up Oregon v Oklahoma (which Oklahoma still could have won by playing a little D), why is it there always has to be blame on someone. We do it too (our coach is still complaining about a call in the LSU game), but really, this is getting out of hand. Auburn beat LSU, end of story. It will always be like that in the record book. If you want to play for a championship, heres an idea, beat a team by enough that officiating doesnt matter. It is just rediculous to blame the guys in the stripes because your 22 players couldnt do it.

RocketMan:
So the refs made Russell throw the ball 4 yards short of the end zone on the last play. Oh well. I guess next year LSU needs to contribute more to the referee benevolence fund.

Officating in general in the SEC this year has been bad. At least the PAC 10 admitted to mistakes, the SEC hasn't. In several SEC games that I have watched other than LSU's I have seen several obivous bad calls and the TV people also also commented on what I saw.

The Georiga - Mississippi game had the worst SEC officials I'd seen all year.

Right before halftime the TV announcers said: "The SEC has some of the best officials in the country. This crew (refs) is not one of them". *ouch*

captain:
Officating in general in the SEC this year has been bad.

Give me a list of these 'bad calls'... I bet you cannot come up with more than a handful of truely 'blown calls'. Yes, these officials make some mistakes, but they are human. They get well over 99% of the calls. I wish I had that kind of accuracy with my classes. Imagine if college players were held to the same standards you want to hold the referees to; there would not be a single athlete out on the field, they all would have failed out of school. They do a brilliant job all game, miss one call, and everyone hates them. And believe it or not, there is no 'conspiracy' to screw over your team.

Remember what these games are actually founded for, fun. Its just a group of college kids that play another group of college kids. I have been at every Tennessee game for the last three years, and I guarentee you they are no better people than me. Yet the way they perform affects millions of dollars of revenue for their university. Did you put up with this ammount of pressure to do anything, much less a game, when you were 21? Somehow I doubt most in here have. Give the refs a break, give the kids a break. Remember what this is, a simple game.

utdivermatt:
Give me a list of these 'bad calls'... I bet you cannot come up with more than a handful of truely 'blown calls'. Yes, these officials make some mistakes, but they are human. They get well over 99% of the calls. I wish I had that kind of accuracy with my classes. Imagine if college players were held to the same standards you want to hold the referees to; there would not be a single athlete out on the field, they all would have failed out of school. They do a brilliant job all game, miss one call, and everyone hates them. And believe it or not, there is no 'conspiracy' to screw over your team.

Remember what these games are actually founded for, fun. Its just a group of college kids that play another group of college kids. I have been at every Tennessee game for the last three years, and I guarentee you they are no better people than me. Yet the way they perform affects millions of dollars of revenue for their university. Did you put up with this ammount of pressure to do anything, much less a game, when you were 21? Somehow I doubt most in here have. Give the refs a break, give the kids a break. Remember what this is, a simple game.

Never said they intentionally tried to screw anyone but there were obvious bad calls on both sides of the ball. Most times they even out on both sides of the ball but sometimes they don't and it probably affects the players more than it affects you and me. I am not asking for 100% perfect but some were obviously bad. I played the game so I have some insite to it. Yes, it is just a game and I don't cry in my milk when my team loses and I don't boo the other team but asking for decent not perfect officating is not asking too much. The player aren't getting paid but the refs are so I feel I can hold them to a higher standard. The fact that officating mistakes can cost schools $$$ is all the more reason for good officating.

NetDoc:
So,

December 8th will prove to be a Wonderful Day in Gator history... :D

Gators vs the Buckeyes.

GO GATORS!

As opposed to January 8, when they will actually have to <play> the Buckeyes.

Go BUCKS!!!!!

I am just happy there were more voters who wanted Ohio State
to play a different team and a conference champion rather
than a team that they had already beaten at the end of the season

GO GATORS

OHGoDive:
As opposed to January 8, when they will actually have to <play> the Buckeyes.

Go BUCKS!!!!!
Zing!!!

LOL

Gators don't have a prayer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom