2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With weak performances all the way around among the top ten (even LSU looked discombobulated in the first half), I wonder how the polls will look tomorrow? USC almost had their *****es handed to them by ??Washington?? Anyone besides me going to see how long it takes a Tiger to dismantle a Gator next weekend at Death Valley? (I mean a real tiger, not one that has an identity crisis and thinks it's an eagle part of the time)

With weak performances all the way around among the top ten (even LSU looked discombobulated in the first half), I wonder how the polls will look tomorrow? USC almost had their *****es handed to them by ??Washington?? Anyone besides me going to see how long it takes a Tiger to dismantle a Gator next weekend at Death Valley? (I mean a real tiger, not one that has an identity crisis and thinks it's an eagle part of the time)

It's about time I get some help on this board.....lol.......I'm from DeRidder and have our 5 in TS for next week......Man, I can't pull any out of their foxhole here, think they're scared of our Tigers........We need to get together, will be in Touchdown Village pregame........By chance, are you a member of the Lair, ie Tigerroar......GEAUX TIGERS...........

BTW, I'm watching Sunny's replay of the Fl/Allbarn game, both teams SUCKED.....GEAUX TIGERS......

I 'll be in Touchdown Village also. As bad as the Tiger played in the first half we came out at the end of the day looking better than the rest of the top 10.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

After South Florida's upset of West Virginia today, Auburn's loss to them in overtime doesn't look quite so bad.

yeah it does...

And thankfully our coach learned from that game to go ahead and try to win in regulation rather than going to overtime.

I don't think he learned a thing from that. It was one of the stupidist coaching decisions I'd seen Tuberville make when he decided to wait to go into overtime against them when he had 2 timeouts and 38 seconds left to get into field goal positions....

however, in the Florida game last night, the different story was that he had confidence in his quarterback. It's obvious he didn't that night against USF.

I 'll be in Touchdown Village also. As bad as the Tiger played in the first half we came out at the end of the day looking better than the rest of the top 10.

So good, we're #1 now in AP..........we're the 2nd to last motorhome @ the corner of Highland & Parker............come by if you get a chance....ask for Joe........GEAUX TIGERS.........

What a joke. Maybe USC should play a Conference USA team to keep their standings.

I'm willing to bet the rankings will be back to normal after next weekend. This is just another example of the blatant SEC bias.

What a joke. Maybe USC should play a Conference USA team to keep their standings.

I'm willing to bet the rankings will be back to normal after next weekend. This is just another example of the blatant SEC bias.
Okay, so when the AP votes for USC as number one in spite of everything LSU does (including winning the BCS championship game), life is as it should be (since they obviously know USC is better because they're, like, USC!). Yet when that same AP poll places LSU above USC by a hair's breadth (about the same margin as USC's win), they're exhibiting blatant bias and showing themselves to be a bunch of delusional idiots? Well, if the AP is that stupid...

:classic:

With any luck, both LSU and USC (and only they) will complete the season undefeated, and then we can finally see how the two teams compare. If they were to play, however, and LSU were to inexplicably win the game, and if after such a game you were to say something about USC being better but LSU won on luck, at that point would I be required to recommend pharmaceutical-based psychiatric treatment.

Anyway, I'll hop back out of this thread now, as I can't take more than one of your posts per week without suffering ill effects. Have fun stormin' the castle. :D

And who does USC play.......rotflm6ao.......Our, LSU's, next 2 games are against #9 then #8.......and we've already played #9 VT and #12 S. Carolina beating both EASILY.......What, you'll get to play one top 10 team this year, LOLOLOLOL......give me a break..............Hopefully we'll get to see this mismatch played out come Jan 7th........Come back when you can quick squeeling and whinning...........GEAUX TIGERS..........

2007 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 5 (Sept. 30)
AP Top 25

1. LSU (33) 5-0 1,593
2. USC (32) 4-0 1,591
3. California 5-0 1,475
4. Ohio State 5-0 1,420
5. Wisconsin 5-0 1,271
6. South Florida 4-0 1,203 (Not SEC, but would you look at them now!)

8. Kentucky 5-0 1,143
9. Florida 4-1 1,031 (down from #4 last week)

11. South Carolina 4-1 900
12. Georgia 4-1 885

So would you look at Univ South Florida. At #4 after defeating West Virginia. They are the Cinderella team for the year so far.

Florida drops hard from #4 to #9 after defeat by Auburn. I kinda figured that FL would drop further, but they are still a great team and will most likely go undefeated the rest of the season perhaps except for LSU.

Auburn remains unranked after winning over the previousely #4 Florida, which kinda surprised me. I figured they might squeeze in just under 25, but I guess 2 previous losses held them out.

Alabama dropped from the rankings after their defeat by Florida State.

Back
Top Bottom