2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And who does USC play.......rotflm6ao.......Our, LSU's, next 2 games are against #9 then #8.......and we've already played #9 VT and #12 S. Carolina beating both EASILY.......What, you'll get to play one top 10 team this year, LOLOLOLOL......give me a break..............Hopefully we'll get to see this mismatch played out come Jan 7th........Come back when you can quick squeeling and whinning...........GEAUX TIGERS..........

#9 VT was so tough they dropped to #15 quicker than an LSU student drops advanced math. Oh and LSU has the tough opponents like Tulane and Middle Tennessee and Louisiana Tech, and two of those games at home. And you beat the #12 team EASILY. I don't call a 8 point victory an "easy" victory. Give me a break.

And as far as your next two games. The vibe is that Florida has the skills to de-throne you and Kentucky is a fluke at best. What will Kentucky's record stand at at the end of the season? At least 4 losses. Here in black and white. AT LEAST 4.

And you talk about top 10 teams?? You're so full of yourself, get real. So you play 2 top 10 teams? And one does not deserve to be there. And that may not be the case if South Carolina hands it to Kentucky, because then they will drop from #8. But how are you going to contradict yourself this time?? If South Carolina wins, Kentucky is not what they're all hyped up to be and shouldn't be a top 10 team. If South Carolina losses, then you beat a mediocre team by only 8 points. Which, along with your "tough" SEC schedule proves again that SEC=Hype in any language.

You're right, all the answers will play out on Jan. 7th. Then we will see who will be squeeling and whinning. That tiger will be tamed into the little pussycat that it is.

#9 VT was so tough they dropped to #15 quicker than an LSU student drops advanced math. Oh and LSU has the tough opponents like Tulane and Middle Tennessee and Louisiana Tech, and two of those games at home. And you beat the #12 team EASILY. I don't call a 8 point victory an "easy" victory. Give me a break.

And as far as your next two games. The vibe is that Florida has the skills to de-throne you and Kentucky is a fluke at best. What will Kentucky's record stand at at the end of the season? At least 4 losses. Here in black and white. AT LEAST 4.

And you talk about top 10 teams?? You're so full of yourself, get real. So you play 2 top 10 teams? And one does not deserve to be there. And that may not be the case if South Carolina hands it to Kentucky, because then they will drop from #8. But how are you going to contradict yourself this time?? If South Carolina wins, Kentucky is not what they're all hyped up to be and shouldn't be a top 10 team. If South Carolina losses, then you beat a mediocre team by only 8 points. Which, along with your "tough" SEC schedule proves again that SEC=Hype in any language.

You're right, all the answers will play out on Jan. 7th. Then we will see who will be squeeling and whinning. That tiger will be tamed into the little pussycat that it is.

My old dead uncle had a saying, "Don't let your mouth overload your a--"

What a joke. Maybe USC should play a Conference USA team to keep their standings.

I'm willing to bet the rankings will be back to normal after next weekend. This is just another example of the blatant SEC bias.

Give me a break- USC almost got beat by the freaking HUSKIES. What are they ranked again? Do they give out negative numbers? MPR, I believe your emotion has way outpaced your objectivity. Did you graduate from USC? I graduated from LSU and seem to be doing ok vs. the rest of the world (reference your academic inferences). I know of an LSU grad that tutored college calculus when he was a junior in a LOUISIANA high school. Drop the stereotypes- they diminish you.

Diver85 and Captain - my lovely wife will be accompanying me to the LSU-FL game (her first LSU game). We need to stop by and visit you guys. BTW Diver85- do you dive Toledo Bend? I've recently gotten into spearfishing, but spearfishing trips to the gulf out of Lake Chuck are few and far between.

Florida drops hard from #4 to #9 after defeat by Auburn. I kinda figured that FL would drop further, but they are still a great team and will most likely go undefeated the rest of the season perhaps except for LSU.

Auburn remains unranked after winning over the previousely #4 Florida, which kinda surprised me. I figured they might squeeze in just under 25, but I guess 2 previous losses held them out.

I am perplexed as well Mike and honestly, I just don't see this as being fair. Certainly the Gators played wonderfully in the second half, BUT WE STILL LOST! I think, as it did last year, the singular loss to Auburn will WAKE THEM UP and get them to play at a higher level for the WHOLE game. The loss will definitely prepare them for next week's game in the bayou.

It is my opinion that the Auburn game is fast becoming more significant than the Georgia game. Fortunately, as we found out last year, you CAN win a national title with a loss to the War Eagles! :D

I am perplexed as well Mike and honestly, I just don't see this as being fair. Certainly the Gators played wonderfully in the second half, BUT WE STILL LOST! I think, as it did last year, the singular loss to Auburn will WAKE THEM UP and get them to play at a higher level for the WHOLE game. The loss will definitely prepare them for next week's game in the bayou.

It is my opinion that the Auburn game is fast becoming more significant than the Georgia game. Fortunately, as we found out last year, you CAN win a national title with a loss to the War Eagles! :D

The thing about that is that if Auburn played like that all year, they would be National Champs. (yet they make their own sad choices....)

As for FL v LSU, this will be a tougher game for LSU now that Florida has to redeem itself from it's loss this past weekend.

I'll fly a dive flag from the RV, spot 212

And one last comment to mpr--...SO FAR.
TO DATE, LSU HAS PLAYED TWO TOP 25 TEAMS (#11 SOUTH CAROLINA AND #15 VA TECH).

USC HAS PLAYED ONE (#25 NEBRASKA).

FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS, LSU PLAYS TWO MORE TOP 10 TEAMS (#8 KENTUCKY ON THE ROAD AND #9 FLORIDA)

USC PLAYS THREE UNRANKED BAD TEAMS.

DON'T LET THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY

And one last comment to mpr--...SO FAR.
TO DATE, LSU HAS PLAYED TWO TOP 25 TEAMS (#11 SOUTH CAROLINA AND #15 VA TECH).

USC HAS PLAYED ONE (#25 NEBRASKA).

FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS, LSU PLAYS TWO MORE TOP 10 TEAMS (#8 KENTUCKY ON THE ROAD AND #9 FLORIDA)

USC PLAYS THREE UNRANKED BAD TEAMS.

DON'T LET THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY

Your argument sounds like the one Auburn used in 2004 to no avail. It may work better second time around, but USC seems to be a media darling (weather they deserve it or not). A D-1 playoff is needed to replace the BCS (Beauty Contest Series), but I probably won't see one in my life time.

captain and diver 85 - What time does the party (pregame) start outside of Tiger Stadium for you? We plan on being there around 3pm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom