2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, seven SEC teams in the top 25! Now, that's impressive.

You ought to see it when we have 4 in the top 10 to 12(with 2 of the 4 in the top 5).......IMO, that's impressive.......GEAUX TIGERS...........

I still haven't got to see the game, but I hear the end was amazing. Congrats!

Let's just say it's not for the faint of heart........also, I'm thinking one of the Tebow's was a no show...........

EDIT........a good read.....LSU, the team you want yourteam to be -

Captain and diver 85-
Sorry we missed you guys at the game. I took my wife on a walking tour of my old campus until she had blisters on her feet. We were in our seats by 6:30!! What a game, what a game. I bet Hester's a little stiff and sore today! I'm sore from just watching him! LOL!

1. LSU (65) 6-0 1,625
2. California 5-0 1,538
3. Ohio State 6-0 1,511
4. Boston College 6-0 1,346
5. South Florida 5-0 1,339
6. Oklahoma 5-1 1,221
7. South Carolina 5-1 1,183
8. West Virginia 5-1 1,059
9. Oregon 4-1 1,047
10. USC 4-1 1,024

Wow, who could have imagined that here we are in the 7th week of the season and look at the standings. The might USC has fallen and LSU is at the top. But look at some of the other names in the top 10, Boston College, USF, could anyone have picked this ranking pre-season? I doubt it or you would be rich. What odds were Vegas giving USF to be in the top 10? That is what is so great about college football, it's the unpredictability. Also, I find it more than a little coincidental that the point I initially made has proven itself correct. The point that the SEC is not the only conference that has great football teams. As we have seen in the last two weeks, anything can happen to anyone, and we still have a long row to hoe. I, like the rest of you, am anxious to see how the last half of the season plays out.

And believe me I am beyond ecstatic to see my former team headed by a personal friend at number 2. In fact, I notice the Pac-10 has three teams in the top 10. No other conference seems to match that. Oh, but there are many games left so we'll have to wait and see.

BTW, for you LSU and Auburn Tiger fans here's a pic for you. This was taken my junior year in college and at the time, was the second biggest Siberian tiger recorded in captivity. He weighed in at 1500lbs. +/- and was only bested by his father. So you see, I have experience with Tigers. :wink:

TigerPics.jpg

Hopefully that small cage wasn't his permanent cage.

Looking at the 2nd pic, it's amazing how big his head and legs/feet are in comparison to any humans...

Luckily he wasn't hungry. I'm sure he could have snacked on your leg like it was a chicken-hot-wing.

Wow, seven SEC teams in the top 25! Now, that's impressive.

what I'm really surprised to see is so many 4 and 2 record teams in the TOP 25.

Like Auburn, Tenn, Georgia, etc. Even Florida is 4-2 now.

Auburn wasn't ranked after it beat then #4 Florida, but somehow it becomes ranked after it spanked little ol' Vandy? Go figure?

I can see Florida still being ranked as their loss to LSU was the clash of the titans and both teams could not leave victorious....

But Georgia being ranked still (at #24) after being beaten by unranked Tennessee? huh? And being ranked above Tennessee (at #25) after a loss to them? again, Huh? Go Figure?

Auburn plays Arkansas next weekend and in theory, AU should win. But remember they should have won last year also. But the real game of the SEC will be the next weekend when Auburn plays LSU. I think everyone will agree that LSU will be favored in this game, but if Auburn can get up the will to beat Florida, they can do the same against LSU. Question is will they play hard enough to do it? Regardless, if AU comes with their game face on, it'll be a great game to watch.

Looking at the 2nd pic, it's amazing how big his head and legs/feet are in comparison to any humans...

Luckily he wasn't hungry. I'm sure he could have snacked on your leg like it was a chicken-hot-wing.

No, that wasn't his permanent cage, it was a transitional cage. Thankfully.

The pic doesn't do his size any justice. My hands, when I spread them across are 10" from pinky to thumb. When I spread my hand across the top of his head there was still at least 2" past each digit just to the edge of his ears. His head was massive. The paws were about the size of large frying pans. And you wouldn't believe the teeth and claws.

Fortunately that wasn't my leg in the second pic. I'm the one squating down petting him in the first pic. The owner of the leg :) is his trainer. I was the one taking that pic. The cat was raised since berth and was very friendly. One thing that was funny was when I was petting him I was told to only rub his fur one direction otherwise they get a little excited. So while complying he actually started to lick me like a cat. Now we all know how cats tongues are like sand paper. Multiply that now by about 100. It felt like 24 grit sand paper. And the trainer says "wow, he's never done that to a stranger before". I'm thinking probably because he hasn't eaten a stranger before. The trainer also says "don't pull you hand away too fast or he'll get excited and try to grab it". I'm thinking what is he going to do when he starts to taste blood from where he's licked the skin off?

It was a great experience and I thought you "tiger" fans would like to see the pics.

Here's where we keep ours, click the link.........3.2 million dollar home.....btw, allbarn doesn't have a tiger & never has, they have a live buzzard that they bring to the game........

MikeTheTiger.com

Also, Mike VI(seiberian/bengal) is currently 330# & expected to grow to 700# in about 2 years according to his personnal vet, Dr Baker........Mike V was an indo-china/bengal that max weighed in @ 380#......

2007 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 6 (Oct. 7)
Top 25

1. LSU (65) 6-0 1,625
2. California 5-0 1,538
3. Ohio State 6-0 1,511
4. Boston College 6-0 1,346
5. South Florida 5-0 1,339 <--- Who would have ever 'thunk it'

7. South Carolina 5-1 1,183
13. Florida 4-2 822
17. Kentucky 5-1 612
22. Auburn 4-2 248
24. Georgia 4-2 131
25. Tennessee 3-2 90

Any particular reason you didn't put Auburn in bold, or was that just an oversight? LOL :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom