2007 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. LSU (65) 6-0 1,625
2. California 5-0 1,538
3. Ohio State 6-0 1,511
4. Boston College 6-0 1,346
5. South Florida 5-0 1,339
6. Oklahoma 5-1 1,221
7. South Carolina 5-1 1,183
8. West Virginia 5-1 1,059
9. Oregon 4-1 1,047
10. USC 4-1 1,024

Wow, who could have imagined that here we are in the 7th week of the season and look at the standings. The might USC has fallen and LSU is at the top. But look at some of the other names in the top 10, Boston College, USF, could anyone have picked this ranking pre-season? I doubt it or you would be rich. What odds were Vegas giving USF to be in the top 10? That is what is so great about college football, it's the unpredictability. Also, I find it more than a little coincidental that the point I initially made has proven itself correct. The point that the SEC is not the only conference that has great football teams. As we have seen in the last two weeks, anything can happen to anyone, and we still have a long row to hoe. I, like the rest of you, am anxious to see how the last half of the season plays out.

And believe me I am beyond ecstatic to see my former team headed by a personal friend at number 2. In fact, I notice the Pac-10 has three teams in the top 10. No other conference seems to match that. Oh, but there are many games left so we'll have to wait and see.

BTW, for you LSU and Auburn Tiger fans here's a pic for you. This was taken my junior year in college and at the time, was the second biggest Siberian tiger recorded in captivity. He weighed in at 1500lbs. +/- and was only bested by his father. So you see, I have experience with Tigers. :wink:

TigerPics.jpg

Time out............How long were you @ 600 #s--ie if that cat's 1500, you're pushing 600???.........No way that cat right there weighted 1500 #s.......btw, I have done some research on Seiberian Tigers since we got Mike & the books state they weigh up to 800#'s.......Come back with a better story........

Time out............How long were you @ 600 #s--ie if that cat's 1500, you're pushing 600???.........No way that cat right there weighted 1500 #s.......btw, I have done some research on Seiberian Tigers since we got Mike & the books state they weigh up to 800#'s.......Come back with a better story........

I remember the guy saying that cat weighed 1500#s. Could I have misunderstood? Possibly. At this point I don't care. It was a very large cat. I thought some of you fans-whose school mascot is a tiger-would like to see it. Apparently I was wrong.

How's that for a better story?

I remember the guy saying that cat weighed 1500#s. Could I have misunderstood? Possibly. At this point I don't care. It was a very large cat. I thought some of you fans-whose school mascot is a tiger-would like to see it. Apparently I was wrong.

How's that for a better story?

I enjoyed the picture very much. Thanks for sharing it. It is amazing how much the BIG CATS seem like house cats that you could just pet and love on but boy can they be dangerous. I'm still jealous that you got to pet a big kitty. I think tigers are absolutely beautiful. This AU Tiger fan is glad you shared. It was right thoughtful of you.

I enjoyed the picture very much. Thanks for sharing it. It is amazing how much the BIG CATS seem like house cats that you could just pet and love on but boy can they be dangerous. I'm still jealous that you got to pet a big kitty. I think tigers are absolutely beautiful. This AU Tiger fan is glad you shared. It was right thoughtful of you.

Here's a site you might enjoy.........Mike's 'dad' & 'uncle' pictured.......

LSU's Mike VI

Looks like it's got a pic of MIKE VI also.

http://www.greatcatsofindiana.org/100_1035.JPG

EDIT. PIC was HUGE. So changing to link as it made thread page WAY too wide.

If they stayed that small and cute forever, everyone would want one. :D

That is him(I forgot to say I was referring to the 2 grown guys).........I remember when Mike V got to campus in about '91(our oldest was a junior there & working @ Pennington part time)..Pennington being a major contributor to LSU, they brought him by the 1st day in BR, he was a little thing close to that size & she got to play with him.....The next time she saw him about 8 months later(1st fb game) "he is huge" was her remarks to us.....

Here's a video I shot of him this past Saturday, about 330# now--going to 700+ in 2-3 years according to the lead LSU vet, Dr. Baker.........

Video of Mike VI - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Even the bottomdwellers Kentucky and Vandy are making a lot of noise the past few years.

Kentucky definitely made some noise today. :D

Like the first scratch on a new car the first loss is the hardest. Several weeks ago I had predicted to my friends that Kentucky was the team with the best chance to upset LSU. When you come off a big emotional win against Florida with a #1 target on your back you can expect a letdown plus injuries are starting to catch up with us. LSU made too many mistakes at crucial times and receivers continued to drop catchable balls. I think we should be able run the table the rest of the year. It ain'tt over till it's over.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom