2011 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I'll take the unpopular line: I think LSU are overrated, and I think the Ducks may actually fully open a can of whoop-ass.

Sorry, just got through eating all my slices of humble pie. I should learn never to assume that anyone in the Pac-whatever can play defence. Although the Ducks are probably still hobbling from shooting themselves so often in their webbed feet.

Still say LSU are overrated though.

0-1 still #13. I guess they showed enough, but it's still better to be #2 if you're a Tiger.

I just hope my Gators were holding something back on Saturday. Best hope is coaches will open all the valves against Tennessee in a couple of weeks.

GEAUX TIGERS!

I am in Brazil and didn't get to see the LSU x Oregon game. Only watched the play by play, stats didn't look good and LSU has a long road ahead with all the other great SEC teams but like someone else mentioned with Les Miles being the luckiest coach in the NCAA anything is possible.

Only watched the play by play, stats didn't look good and LSU has a long road ahead with all the other great SEC teams but like someone else mentioned with Les Miles being the luckiest coach in the NCAA anything is possible.

I always think luck is more of a "loan" than a "gift". One day there is always a payback.

I'm a die head LSU fan and LSU is now officially over-rated. They will not mantain number 2 with Lee as QB. Watchout for Mississippi State this year.

The West is stacked. Whoever shows up at the Georgia Done in December from the East has no chance. The conference and national title is going to come down to three games and I say national title only because I doubt anyone else in the nation can compete with the SEC. Sure Oklahoma, Boise, Florida St and Michigan will all roll through their respective weak conferences but they'll be no match for the top 4 teams out of the SEC.

September 24 - Arkansas/Alabama
November 5 - Alabama/LSU
November 26 - Arkansas/LSU

Don't get caught up in these preseason rankings... What did Oregon do to earn a 3-spot? What has Oklahoma done for #1? South Carolina holding at 12 for barely hanging on against East Carolina? No one had done anything yet except LSU and god forbid, Boise State while the Irish, Tigers (Auburn) and Bulldogs all got what they deserve.

Woo, Pig Sooie!

Last edited:
0-1 still #13. I guess they showed enough, but it's still better to be #2 if you're a Tiger.

I just hope my Gators were holding something back on Saturday. Best hope is coaches will open all the valves against Tennessee in a couple of weeks.

well that's something I couldn't exactly figure.

Oregon looses and is 0-1 and stays at #13 and Auburn wins (but wins UGLY and gets dropped from the top 25. Just seems odd.

TCU lost to unranked Baylor and stayed in the Top 25 also.

Now. Auburn didn't play well at all, and I don't see any reason to push them higher in the poll but didn't see a reason to bump them either. Just goes to show the poll was saying "but you don't have Cam this year and we think you're gonna suck". (which is prob true, but a little preconceived. oh well.)

I still think it sucks that Boise State won. Now they're gonna whine all year of how they should be in the BCS.

If Boise State continues to win on the National Stage they should be in. Just sayin, hate them if you like but they are a quality football program.

Oregon’s Chip Kelly Admits Pac-12 Is Inferior To SEC | Saturday Down South

Sep 6th, 2011
By Jon

A truly amazing quote by one of the top coaches in college football, Chip Kelly acknowledged after the loss to LSU that the Tigers and the SEC simply have another caliber of athlete. Kelly pointed specifically to the defensive linemen which isn’t surprising considering the beating they took in consecutive games by the Auburn defensive line and the LSU defensive line.

“They got a little bit different athlete running around out there,” he said. “Look at their defensive linemen. Standing next to them, walking off the field, they don’t look like a lot of the guys we see. That’s the common trait.”

The quote is an acknowledgment of what most SEC fans already know: you can’t beat top SEC teams with the finesse Pac-12 play that works out west. Sure, you can run around the inferior athletes of the Pac-12, but when you face an SEC team, you face superior athletes on both sides of the ball.

If Boise State continues to win on the National Stage they should be in. Just sayin, hate them if you like but they are a quality football program.

huh? Boise State might have a good team. And I agree they have a quality football program..... But the only reason they continue to win is they don't play anyone. go look at their schedule. They don't play ANYONE that is (or was ranked)

I mean.... They play TWO teams that are ranked. Georgia and TCU. and TCU got their asses handed to them by unranked Baylor.

Boise State 2011 Schedule

Sat, Sept 3 #19 Georgia
Fri, Sept 16 * Toledo
Sat, Sept 24 * Tulsa
Sat, Oct 1 * Nevada
Fri, Oct 7 * Fresno State
Sat, Oct 15 * Colorado State
Sat, Oct 22 * Air Force
Sat, Nov 5 * UNLV
Sat, Nov 12 * #25 TCU
Sat, Nov 19 * San Diego State
Sat, Nov 26 * Wyoming
Sat, Dec 03 * New Mexico

Then compare that to Auburn's Schedule, prob one of the toughest this year in the NCAA.

Before Georgia got dropped from the rankings this week, Auburn was playing SEVEN ranked teams on their schedule and SEVEN teams that were SEC competitive teams in a row of eight games.

2011 Auburn Tigers Schedule
Sat, Sept 3 * Utah State
Sat, Sept 10 * #16 Mississippi State
Sat, Sept 17 * Clemson
Sat, Sept 24 * Florida Atlantic
Sat, Oct 1 * #12 South Carolina
Sat, Oct 8 * #14 Arkansas
Sat, Oct 15 * #18 Florida
Sat, Oct 22 * #2 LSU
Sat, Oct 29 * Ole Miss
Sat, Nov 12 * Georgia
Sat, Nov 19 * Samford
Sat, Nov 26 * #3 Alabama

No way that Boise State could compete in that tough of a schedule. IF they want to be recognized as a top team without argument, then they need to quit playing second rate schools for an "easy win". Then we'll talk.

I'll agree they've got a good team but they've not proven themselves to be "top tier" yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom