212/DC2 Pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and it feels "like butter" in my mouth. I wanted to purchase the Hollis reg with a swivel but I couldn't find them anywhere so I bought directly from Hollis.

Wait, did you attach an atomic swivel or did u buy a Hollis reg with swivel from Hollis? I tried the atomic swivel route but I was told it wouldn't fit

I added the Atomic swivel hose that I had been using on my Apeks T50. The fit was "tight" but there was just enough clearance on the Hollis second stage cut out to allow the screw to turn and connect completely. It was just an experiment that worked. I would encourage you to make certain you can marry your second stage with the specific hose you want to purchase. It's possible that manufacturing tolerances could prevent individual pieces from being combined, but mine worked.

I went to my LDS and connected the Atomic swivel hose to my Hollis 212 alright but the LDS said it would not work underwater because there was an O-ring in my original hose and not the atomic. :(

Did they pressure test it? I will say I haven't taken it underwater or pressure tested it above water so I can't assure you with 100% certainty that it does work. They could be right, but you motivated me to look more closely at both the original Hollis hose and the Atomic swivel hoses. Both have an internal O-ring and they otherwise look and appear to fit identically. Thanks for the headsup, I WLL test it before my trip to Chinchorro Banks this Spring. I'll take it to my LDS and test it to be sure.

Let me know how your test work out. I also understand that Atomic has 2 swivel hose, 1 for atomic regulator and 1 for "general" regulator. Which one of the hose is yours? The model number will help tremendously if your test work out well. Thanks in advance.

I'm taking it to the LDS tomorrow. I thought as much re the two hoses. Mine hose is for a non-Atomic regulator (I don't remember the number...it's "the other one"). It was sold to be by an Atomic authorized LDS for use on a non-Atomic reg (cost about $90). Mine was previously hooked up to an Apeks T50 and worked as advertised. I bet if you look inside the Atomic hose for non-Atomic regulators you will see an "O" ring that your reg probably requires.

Just left my LDS where I pressure tested my 212 and the Atomic Uni versal swivel hose. Works just as advertised, Randytay.

Thank you, looks like I should be ordering one soon :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom