2nd stage adjuster tool when orifice is far inside inlet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aralox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'd like to buy this 2nd stage in-line adjuster tool from DGX - Second Stage In-Line Adjusting Tool w/IP Gauge. I have 2 sets of regs, one which would work well with the tool, but another with the orifice nut set too far into the inlet for the tool's hex adjuster tip to reach. It is about 40mm deep.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make some sort of adapter / extension rod so I can use the hex adjustor tip with my 2nd stage? I'd really prefer to grab this tool from DGX as I'm buying a lot of other stuff from them, and it works out to be much cheaper than buying it in Australia, where I live.

Here are some pictures to help explain the nonsense I've written above:
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Thank you for any help :)

They're ex-rental Seac sub regs. I haven't been able to find any service manual for these, or even mention of what exact model they are.
Oh and also, they aren't exactly giving me trouble - it's just a bother to depressurize, unscrew, adjust, reattach, pressurize, test.

Attachments

• seacsub-1.jpg
    seacsub-1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 89
You should check if the octo inflators adjustment tool fits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom