3 days until Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Petra

Reaction score
3 more days until I leave for Belize. I am so ready. Crystal clear water, lazy days lying in a hammock, and no phone. I may not want to come back. (Gaz, can you use another bell boy, gardner, front desk clerk, whatever?)
I'll post a report and some pic's when I get back.

Mark

Okay we definitely have to outlaw these sort of posts. I'm leaving for the Turks & Caicos in a week but you don't see me dreaming out loud about the beach, the diving, the drinks with the little umbrellas. . . .Ooops!:D

Leaving in the am, dreaming soon to be reality. Let's see, fly from home airport 6am, arrive in Miami 11:40am. Board cruise ship by 1:00pm, depart Miami by 5:00pm and off to sea we go. Hmm...warm breezes, poolside chairs and tropical nights. I am so ready. I will have to be pinched to believe it is finally real. I have been dreaming for several months now.

I know when I get ready to go diving in Grand Cayman Monday that I will be thinking of all those divers back home waiting for warmer days. Not!

Ahem,

Been back from Belize for exactly 12 weeks, 4 days, 11 hours, and 14 minutes. Still dreaming of warm breezes, aqua water, Belikins, golf carts, hungry nurse sharks, lazy casts of the fishing rod, and floating along a gorgeous reef taking pictures at 70 ft wearing only a t-shirt due to the 80-degree water...

...snow's is coming down pretty hard. Boston's getting about 8 inches today... *sigh*

Matt :)

I just returned from 8 days in Belize. My wife and I dove with Protech. They were great. They have scooters and all sorts of stuff. Located at Belize Yacht Club. PM me if you have questions.

Yes Protech is a good shop and I reccomend all those staying in town to dive with them they have a great operation.

Petra

Have a great time while in Belize unfortunately i have been called away on an important trip to europe so i will not be here in Belize when you arrive however I am sure my staff will take good care of you.

Have a great time
Gaz

I'll "third" the postitive comments for Protech Belize. I mostly dealt with Peter Jones and he's extremely professional, knowledgable, and courteous. I've actually even been keeping in touch with Peter over email since I got back. We've had some great discussions about tech diving and where the industry is heading.

I rented a BP/wing rig from them (no long hose, though) with Scubapro regs for a couple of days, and the price was pretty good. They even gave me a break when I returned it a little late :)

I hung around for a couple of hours after bringing the rig back to talk to Peter and watch them train the Belize Police to do SAR. It was pretty cool to see them learning to use the rope to steer the guy in the water, who had tape over his mask to simulate zero-vis.

All in all, definitely a classy operation.

Matt

I just got back from Belize.

What a paradise.

I spend 5 days in San Pedro and 5 in San Ignacio. I loved both.

Here is a list of what I enjoyed the most:

In San Pedro:

Diving the blue hole with Amigos Del Mar. Those guys know...well, let's just say, simply the best.

Eating at Jambel. The lady can cook. I got a couple of recipes for my book.

Conch Ceviche at The REEF, could be the best I've ever had. YUM.

Belikin Stout. Nothing you can see through.

Bananas Beach Hotel. Nice place.

The nightly games of eliminate with the Lucifer’s bartender, Marlin.

Punta Boys.

Meeting Paisano. I'll never forget him.

In San Ignacio and around:

Tikal and staying overnight. Watch both sunset and sunrise from Temple IV.

Ervas.

Actun Tunichil Mucknal

Novelos. The only way to go.

But most of all, the people of Belize, they are wonderful people, take the time to meet them, respect them and thank them for letting you visit their paradise.

Can’t wait to go back.

Yeah Paisano is a real character isn't he

how much did you give him :)

Over the years I must have given him a fortune

Did you know he used to be one of the richest men on the island many moons ago. ?

Glad you had a good time Belize truly is a great place

regards

Gaz =-)

Trying to remember...

Is Paisano the older guy who walks around with the cane and the shell?

Matt

Back
Top Bottom