308m - New World Record! What Do You Think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you all must remember diving is where it is today because of people like this risking and some even dieing from it. You may not see the value in it, but someone, someplace got alot of important info from these people doing it. I'm sure when the very first person decided to try and scuba dive alot of people said the same things as some of you.... its just stupid...... NOT

Originally posted by padiscubapro
I have heard conflicting reports on which regs were used, but he used BUNGIED OMS wing/harness and OMS phantom light.

Apeks claims it was theirs, TX-100 I think.

BWOD AND a helmet even...... (pics on Sea-Quest site)

Tom

Well, as long as he doesn't ask me to be his buddy on these adventures he can do whatever he wants!

Originally posted by WreckWriter

Apeks claims it was theirs, TX-100 I think.

BWOD AND a helmet even...... (pics on Sea-Quest site)

Tom

Last I saw APex was claiming his previous dive no mention of the 308 meter dive...

I have seen claims that he used the abysmal regs (modified poseidon 1st with kirby morgan second)

The article I read said that he used tx200's for bottom and tx100's for deco regs.

And yes new info did come about as a result of this dive. He used standard tech gear which is nothing new. He managed to come up with a dive plan and deco tables which allowed him to come back from this dive safetly.

I'm not saying that everyone should run out and start doing this go gain new info.

Tech diving did not start as an exact science. There was alot of theory that had to be tested. During the process alot of people lost their lives and the ones who didn't came back with new info on what works and what doesn't.

Read about some of the Navy's testing on deep diving and mixed gases long before the general public had ever even heard of technical diving. Had we heard of this stuff back then we would have labled those divers STUPID as well.

Mitzflip,
It sounds like the article on the previous dive, did it say the 308m or was it just referring to a world record deep dive.. since the previous dive was a record for an ocean dive..

Originally posted by padiscubapro

I have heard conflicting reports on which regs were used, but he used BUNGIED OMS wing/harness and OMS phantom light.

Oh my God - I'm surprised that he didn't die the second he jumped in the water. What a stroke!:) :) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom