33" filtration tower Mako?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PompanoMike

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am selling a filtration tower. It is a standard 32-1/2" filtration tower that accepts any Mako-style filter and the port adapters that accept 1/4" NPT connections on the two ends. There are tons of companies selling filters for this tower - they range in price between $44 and $87, depending on the material. I don't know the manufacturer of this filtration tower but it is probably made by Mako - no manufacturer stamp anywhere. It is in great shape.

Explanation of the pictures:

Picture 1: This is the 33" tower standing next to a 27" filter. Filter not included (this one is old). ANDI designed this compressor set up which is why there is an ANDI sticker on the tower. The tower is probably manufactured by Mako.

Picture 2: This is the inside with the cap removed. The inside is guaranteed to be completely clean - no corrosion whatsoever anywhere at all.

Picture 3: Close up of BOSS fittings where your in and out fittings attach. These are standard fittings. The discoloration is just where the paint wore away or maybe the powder coated material - that is not corrosion. No issues with sealing whatsoever.

Same tower as this:

Scuba Compressor

They retail for $750 and I am selling this one for less than half that - $375 + shipping. Shipping shouldn't be more than $25. Probably around 7 years old. Very little time on it - probably 40 fills a year tops.

I would post my phone number or email but Google crawls these classifieds and I don't want to get telemarketing calls. Click on my user name then choose "Send Private message" along with your email address and I will reply.

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 109
When was the last time the BOTTOM plug was removed, cleaned, and new O-rings put in?

I have seen significant corrosion on the bottom plug threads.

I have done this but maybe I should check it out. Do you know how to remove the bottom plug? vice grip with two pieces of wood on either side of the tower?

Hmm.. no filtration tower yet, no tracking info and no response from seller to PM's in the last 7 days..

Hope I have not been ripped off for $375 :confused:

PompanoMike Last Activity: April 24th, 2010 09:46 PM

He should have gotten any PM's sent within the last week. Hopefully he contacts you soon, and you don't get Wenzeled.

any word yet on this? I almost bought this but ended up getting a new one off Ebay.

He never answers his phone, so I ended up getting somehow getting a hold of his brother week before last at his carpet cleaning business via an interesting bunch of searches/research.. He in turn got hold of the guy and I guess convinced him to call me..

So he called back later that day and said he will ship it the same day and I should get it by the next week friday (this past friday)..

Its not here yet, but I hope its arrival is imminent..

Damn near a month? NOT ACCEPTABLE! Please let us know you received your purchase in good order, hopefully soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom