395 dives in 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Yay..just finished for the year.
Was diving from Daytona area to North Carolina,mostly spearfishing but also running down wreck TDs.Most diving out past 100' out to 200'

Found a half dozen new wrecks.Some are deteriorated pretty far but 2 were wooden and real old.1 has cannons and we are figuring a way to stake a claim on it before we visit again.That may take a while.

Spearfishing was pretty typical but I did shoot a 52# gutted weight gag grouper,a personal best.

Vis and temps were really good this year with just a few instances of cold green water where we were.Had 50' or better 90% of the time.

Looking to add a HD video:dork2: to show just how lucky the divers are here.We had a guy on the boat who has worked liveaboards all over the Caribbean and he was amazed at the big animals.

Gotta go as this holiday season we've got a wedding,Christmas and quite a few birthdays before heading to Orlando for vacation with Mickey.

That is some total dives for the year. Mighty Impressive. My goal is 100 per year but I fell short by a long shot this year. Did you wearout any gear this year?:D

Wow, 395 dives...you're truly blessed...sounds like you know it though!! Hope you have an even better 2010!!

Wow, wish I was you!

Nice, but 5 more gives you a nice even 400. I say go for it!

How do we follow your findings on the newly discovered wrecks?

Lucky you! I checked and I've gotten in 62.

I met a lot of people here,Spearboard,SFP and Florida Sportsman who dive.That is key as is having a spouse who dives and supports my diving.
I know just how blessed I am but there are choices we all make that determine some of the outcomes.

Help newbs,they become friends and might buy a boat:D
Find specialties that appeal to you,it makes diving more fun:eyebrow:
Don't be unwilling to try something once to see if it's fun.

Here's another tip: don't be afraid to dive from charter boats. I snubbed them for decades, only diving from my friends' boats or my own boat. The economy has made them unavailable, but I didn't want to give up diving. I made dozens of charter dives in 2009 and as a result I logged more dives this year than in the previous few. I'm up around 100 or so for the year, need to download the computer for the exact count.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom