3d printed Sitech Antares dryglove cuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont have them posted. But I'm also still working on getting them functional as they started as the rolock 3 which is only 86mm and I upscaled them to 90 and 100mm. Still trying to get the oring and lugs to work properly

I dont have them posted. But I'm also still working on getting them functional as they starter as the rolcok 3 which is only 86mm and I upscaled them to 90 and 100mm. Still trying to get the oring and lugs to work properly
This is what I got. I'm really only working on the 100mm as that's the one my hand fits in. The rolock 3 worked perfect as scanned.
Biggest issue witht the 100 is it wont fit into a normal cuff. Either has to be seal mount or custom fit to suit. Goal was to modify suit cuff to fit and then have a replaceable seal.

Now if someone could figure out an oval twist lock that would be the bees knee in big hand issues.

Attachments

• 20240113_212501~01.jpg
    20240113_212501~01.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 39
This is what I got. I'm really only working on the 100mm as that's the one my hand fits in. The rolock 3 worked perfect as scanned.
Biggest issue witht the 100 is it wont fit into a normal cuff. Either has to be seal mount or custom fit to suit. Goal was to modify suit cuff to fit and then have a replaceable seal.

Now if someone could figure out an oval twist lock that would be the bees knee in big hand issues.
what if the oval became circular? The only thing holding that back would be gloves with larger cuffs to accommodate. you could keep the oval shape at the PU ring that's glued into the sleeve, and then make it circular afterwards- something like 95-100mm...

Going back to round defeats the purpose of going oval and the twisting action required to transitionwould be hell on a seal. These thing are big almost 5" od. Antares size my hand fits thru but connector sucks. Staying oval would keep the od down and not get hooked on everything.

so here is the results from rev 0.1 of the boyonet/rolock style:
1705253421334.png

1705253403267.png

some refinements needed for rev 0.2:
1- the blue glove ring (from my antares) fits snuggly... it needs to be oversized by 2mm (diameter) to give space for the gloves to fit. I figured this would happen as I had to compress the oval ring to round and get a best guess at diameter, so it was more of a guess and check measurement
2- the hand hole is tiny. I have fairly small/thin hands and wrists and its snug on me. It might be fine for me on the glove ring (the small hole), but I'm worried about damaging the wrist seal on the bayonet lock. Expanding the OD would help fix both these issues.
3- not sure if this is an issue, but the engagement on the rings are fairly small- a bit over 1/4" (6mm). they are bi-directional (lock both directions), so that's convenient and im not sure i need much force as water-pressure/squeeze will help seat the Oring further.
4- it seems my oval to round math was off (not unlikely) or the oval is not an ellipse (almost certainly), so my cuff ring is undersized by about 1.5-2mm in diameter.
5- my suit has stupid zippers for neoprene wrist seal covers (the covers are removed, but the zippers are fixed). I need to extend the length of my seal and create reliefs in the OD of the wrist ring to extend past the zippers, and also allow my plastic tool to get in and push the zipper out of the way.

onward to r0.2...

I'd love to find a set of northern divers v4 and see what the id of the rings are. I like their threaded seal setup to a point. It wouldn't take much long to replace seals then the press for of everything else

Rev 0.2 fits! Orings come from amazon on tuesday to check the locking mechanism and do a bathtub water check! I also printed these in super ****** (cheap) resin, so i will need to reprint in something more impact resistant once im happy with the design (i already cracked one part being stupid with a screwdriver).
1705282865354.png

files are here:

with the ring part working well... i might have to try casting some PU with a 3d printed mold to make the suit side ring... i just picked up a spare drysuit and it has glued seals that are disintegrating.... hmmm so many projects...

Smiling people are good

Back
Top Bottom