3rd (or is this the 4th) Annual Venice Beach Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladies and gents i regret to inform yall that rebel and wife will not be comming due to a flu outbreak at our home. have tons of fun and find lots of teeth.

So sorry to hear. Get well soon.

Sorry guys, it looks like we're not going to be able to make this one. I was really hoping to be able to make it, but the logistics aren't going to work out this year.

We'll try to make the next one. You all have a great time!! Take lots of pictures and enjoy that turkey. DF Turkeys are so awesome!!

Happy Turkey Day!!

Bummer. Hopefully things will work out next year for you.

K, cooking logistics, etc.

Do we have enough deep fryers (not friars lost in deep meditation)
to pull this thing off?
I've got the massive burner but no humongous pot.
We'll prrrrrobabaly cart the explosive Coleman stove to reheat gravy
and brand small unruly offspring'uns.

Not sure iffn deep-fried Twinkies (shaped into squirrels)
will make it past the logistics review, as they need to be frozen solid.
Besides, frozen solid Twinkies are more fun as water baloon slingshot projectiles,
even though the flying frozen Ho-Ho's are easier targets for the swooping pelicans.

Did I mention No Rum Tote for Y'all until we arrive early sat.morning?
We'll be up at 5am for the crossing, staying sat.night for the Rum Tote Dance
and ceremonious passing-of-the-tote (ie. slowly make for the car before they realize
we left without it.) Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-VROOOOOM!!!

We are still bringing the fryer, however we have to make a trip out soon to buy the oil.

I am hoping to arrive prior to sunrise and get the first pavillion setup. I would like to try some fishing before all you scubafreaks arrive! I'll be picking up the bushel of corn tomorrow morning. I have to drop the tank off for an air fill, and start gathering gear. I'll be picking up the pavillion Thursday at Mom's as well. I'll be limited on space, so the pavillion, a cooler and dive gear is most of the free space. (Hmmm, how can I pack gear on TOP of the car?)
I REALLY need a dive trailer for the CRV!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
I am hoping to arrive prior to sunrise and get the first pavillion setup. I would like to try some fishing before all you scubafreaks arrive! I'll be picking up the bushel of corn tomorrow morning. I have to drop the tank off for an air fill, and start gathering gear. I'll be picking up the pavillion Thursday at Mom's as well. I'll be limited on space, so the pavillion, a cooler and dive gear is most of the free space. (Hmmm, how can I pack gear on TOP of the car?)
I REALLY need a dive trailer for the CRV!
Unless you can cast a half mile, there is nothing worth catching... :14:

Closest I've seen to catchable is a barracuda that surprised me during Red Tide about 500 yds from shore

And, three words for packing on top... Jeep Grand Cherokee
===
Reminds me, what time is everyone arriving?

Good morning ... i will come in around 10am ..... see you guys there :)
Kim P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom