40 year old female freediver in Southern California looking for competent buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I am a single mom of two daughters, one 16 and the other 12 turning 13. I am looking for a competent dive buddy, or buddies, male or female, who I don't have to babysit/lifeguard. Currently I am mostly freediving, but I'm also advance scuba certified, but do not have all my scuba gear yet. Freedive gear is great up and running. I love the outdoors, especially the beach and snoreling/diving. I like walking, camping, and swim sometimes at night in a pool in Seal beach, but I don't do gyms or huge crowds. I do not drink or smoke. I'm looking for dive buddies or friends. Just need good light hearted friends, that know I have a family. I've dove since I was a kid and have been to Hawaii, Tahiti, and California (Catalina, La Jolla Shores, and Cove, Crystal Cove, Laguna. Trying to get healthier and increase breathold, and depth. Yesterday I held my breath for a disappointing 2 minutes and 38 seconds, and I wanna get to 5. If it sounds like you may want to hang out let me know. No drowners, chicken scrathcers or flailers. No I won't teach you, or "loan out all my gear", never to see it again. Must be pretty self sufficient. Just looking for a dive to be safe, fun, and uncomplicated. I love boat dives, shore dives, and Lifeguarded for 8 years, so can handle some current and waves. I'm open to spearos, but as of yet do not hunt myself. If this sounds like you e-mail me, and safe diving:)

Diane, I'm interested in Camping, walking on the beach, although I don't live in a city any more. But, I like activities like Camping, siting around a camp fire at night. When you told me in your private message that I'm funny, I could just imagine you laughing at some of the things I said in my pm to you last night. I try to be as funny as Robin Williams. And I appreciate you telling me that I'm pretty funny. I'll take it as a compliment. At the same time, I'm trying to be myself. Is it ok with you that I wrote a private message to you last night? I wrote another message to you earlier today, and I hope it's ok with you that I wrote another to you. Corey.

Also check out SpearBoard California Section and DeeperBlue. There are many female California freedivers.

Hey Corey, it seems we have a lot of the same interests, and i have enjoyed talking to you privately, as well as posts. I'm still learning how to navigate this site, so sorry about the seriously delayed response. glad to give u the compliment.:)

---------- Post Merged at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Hey thank you, cmburch. I'm actually on DeeperBlue, with not much luck, and tried checking out the California section, but it is possible I'm doing something wrong, as I'm not super fast at navigating this site. Maybe I need to post more pics, but it just all seems to beggar style facebook/twitter to me, which I do not personally enjoy. So far this summer though I have dove almost every single day I have had a day off with either my girls, a brother, or a sister, or nephiew, and now my neice is getting her scuba certs, so things are working out well. Not to mention I bodysurf when the waves are high, and recently met a great water man, who is interested in doing some apnea training...Maybe its just about getting out there I have found for myself:))). I like your pic by the way, very cute. Have you seen the scuba diving cat? I think its probably on you tube. Diana:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom