45 Lb Doughnut Wing single or doules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want your gear to float on the surface without you and your diving with a 120 or 130, the tank can be as much as much as -14 full and negative 7 empty. Do the math if your diving with 24 lbs a 40 Lb wing is not enough. That's why Hollis makes a 45 pound wing for singles. This Wing is for large singles. Unless you are interested in the wing, please leave this thread. People who are looking for a wing understand what they are looking at.

"Although the C45 and C60 wing can be dove with a single tank, neither were designed for this application nor are recommended as they create unnecessary drag and difficulty when venting air as the wing will taco around the tank."

From Nick Hollis

I'm not sure why the hostility. I just wanted to know if the wing came as pictured. The price seemed a bit steep, but not completely unreasonable. I did some quick searches, and it seems the other posters were correct. Dive addicts still sell the wing for $150 new and had it for sale for $99.

Hollis C Donut Wing : Dive Addicts Inc : Hollis Products
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/hot-deals/475209-hollis-wings-$99-00-7-days-only.html

Again, I'm not sure what the problem was. The other posters provided (respectfully) their own opinions about the wing in question. Some felt it wasn't well suited for single tanks, and it would appear that while the wing can be used for single tanks, it really wouldn't perform as well as a singles wing.
Another poster felt that you were trying to screw someone on the wing (possibly me) and commented about that.
From Howard, under the 'special rules', "While you are not required to sell any item you post for sale, other users are free to leave positive or negative feedback regarding the transaction as a means of informing other users as to their opinion of transactions." So again, you are mistaken; the thread is not just to sell a wing, it is also for others to post their opinions.

In my experience, Scubaboard is here to have divers discuss things related to diving with other divers. I've witnessed far too many dive shops and other divers put people into gear that was not right for them due to a lack of knowledge or the chance to make more money. This website is here to help curb that, not only because diving is already a dangerous sport, but also because dive gear is already expensive enough, and in a community such as this, people are trying to help one another, not trying to screw each other. If people are trying to help each other out, show some respect. I'm not saying everyone should agree, but you lose all credibility when you come out swinging against someone who is just trying to provide more information or a respectful opinion.
I would suggest craigslist if you just want to dump your gear on some unsuspecting sucker and don't care whether or not they get a fair price or the proper gear.

Oh, I'll pass on the wing.

Last edited:
Its still a very good deal on a good doubles wing, especially if someone wanted to see it in person.

You can "buy it now" for $135.00 on e-bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom