5/28 & 29 Monterey Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C:
Thanks for all the help guys. Looks like I'll have to shrink the dimensions as well as the mp's though, so in the future they fit better on the screen.

Keep it at around 700 pixels on the longest side.

Most image editing programs can resize pics for you easily, photobucket also has an option to resize pictures but i'd prefer to do it in an image editing program :).

And again nice shots :14:

I have a problem with the eyes of the gish turning green.

How do i take the shot so it is translucent like yours?

Ocrmaster, these shots were very close. Almost supermacro, about 12-14 inches. I keep the camera somewhat on the edge of underexposure, then use the RAW conversion program or photoshop to lighten them if I have to. It also helps to use a strobe, so you don't have a direct reflection from your built in flash. Most of the time on rock shots, the strobe is below the camera or at least 8-10 inches to one side, as these rockfish like to hide in holes and crevasses.

Thanks Ben, and all others for the kind words. Hopefully, if I keep this up long enough, I'll be less of a hack and get the lighting and focus right more often. Thankfully, with Rawshooter, I can clean up most of my messes.

There's a lot you can do with Jpegs on photoshop. I'm pretty hopeless at it, and just really learning to use my PS7, but you can make most of the same corrections. The toughest one is white balance. I haven't figured out an easy way to fix that in PS yet, but I know it can be done. I downloaded an UW fix that was posted in the photo editing forum, but I haven't figured out how to apply it yet, or even load it into photoshop. Rawshooter's a lot more straightforward, with just a bunch of slider bars and a white balance click that's basically like setting the manual WB on the camera. It's not the best though, as I'll still get a red foreground with a green background. Monterey water is almost always green and dark to some extent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom