5050z ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
If I set three or more "My Mode" settings in the camera will they disappear in the camera when i change the batteries? Will I have to reset each time? The three or more could be one or two but if the batteries come out is the memory stuff toast? Sorry rookie ? But want better photos next week in Coz. Have tried to do a little research to get better photos this trip than my blow out in Bonaire. Well I had 4 out of 10 million that mad me smile I must have made a mistake to get those.Thanks

You can safely take the batteries out and all of your settings and mymodes will not be affected. I'm not sure what will happen if you leave the batteries out for several days or let the batteries die in the camera, but a day or two without batteries and all of the settings are not reset.

jlyle:
You can safely take the batteries out and all of your settings and mymodes will not be affected. I'm not sure what will happen if you leave the batteries out for several days or let the batteries die in the camera, but a day or two without batteries and all of the settings are not reset.
Was not sure what would happen thank you for your responce will give it a shot next week.

Domino,give us a trip report when you return. I'd like to see your pics,as I did not have my c5050 when I was in Coz. Will you be using a strobe setup?

If you leave the batteries out of the camera for a couple of hours, the camera resets to factory defaults for all settings. You get the pleasure of resetting everything! Yes, I learned this the hard way with the old C-4040.

I'm not sure the time allowed is even a couple of hours. I recall conversations where just a bit more than an hour with the batteries left out caused a reset. that's why I always have a set ready to go in immediately. Batteries, and I use NiMH, are cheap, compared to my time and frustration!
TedJ

As long as the battery topic is working here, I have a couple of questions.

Does the charge light on the NiMH battery charger ever go out as the instructions say?

Also, does anyone have any comments on using the Re-chargeable Lithium batteries (RCR-V3)? Are they really worth it or should I just get another set of NiMH's

Thanks in advance,

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
:cool1:

MaresMan1.....

"Does the charge light on the NiMH battery charger ever go out as the instructions say?"

If you are talking about the OLY charger that came with the camera the answer is YES. It takes a LONG time for that slow piece of sh*t to complete but it does go out in the end.

Just one other comment regarding dumping memory. I personally keep a set of non-rechargable Duaracells in my camera bag. When it's time to recharge the NiMH's I just pop in the Duracells until the charge is complete. And since I don't shoot anything while the NiMH's are on charge the drain to the "temp" batteries is null.

mardigrastexan:
Domino,give us a trip report when you return. I'd like to see your pics,as I did not have my c5050 when I was in Coz. Will you be using a strobe setup?
If I get some good ones I will post them do not want to embarrass myself. This will be only the second trip with this camera setup, I have allot to learn. As for the strobe I have a ys-25 dx to small and under powered for wide angle ok for macro my wallet was tight when I bought it. I did not have the battery cover closed correctly on a dive in Bonaire and caught it on the surface but water got in. I did not turn it on that dive and flushed it with my water bottle when I got out.Then alcohol in the hotel,when I got home I filled it up with corrosion X and it still worked. I will try it tonight if it works gre :cry: at if not I might order the Inon 180 and get it fed-ex overnight. We will see.

Also, does anyone have any comments on using the Re-chargeable Lithium batteries (RCR-V3)? Are they really worth it or should I just get another set of NiMH's
I think you mean the CR-V3 lithium batteries that came with the camera. They are NOT re-chargeable. I've kept them aside as a backup set for trips. Get another set (or two) of NiMHs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom