5060... Flooded on first weekend out :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's my understanding that if it flooded in an Oly housing and there is no signs of abuse, you would be covered... by Oly... since you did the required tests... so you should be OK... check it out eh...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Cameras dead, I'm waiting on an email from Olympus giving me contact info to a technician who can tell me where to send the housing and camera off to...

Ugh...

My 5060 recently flooded on dive #6. Same problem O-ring in the lower left corner. Olympus was no help, just offered to sell me another camera!

If you used a credit card to buy it check with them-they might cover it. Mine has a "purchase assurance" plan that covers damage to merchandise for the first 90 days. I had to send the camera to Oly, confirm it was dead, then Mastercard sent me a check for the amount I paid for the camera.

Maybe if we get the work order #s for all these cameras that had the lower left Oring pop out, we can convince Olympus there is indeed a flaw in the design(or atleast a few batches of their cases) that is causing the flood of several individuals cameras...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom