7mm wetsuit info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another option is the Bare Elastek 7mm - Great suit and the freedom of movement is incredible (comparable to the henderson hyper stretch. However the zipper is in the back, but the zipper line is plenty long enough to have an easy time self donning. If you need a little more added protection there is a a 7mm step in vest/hood which will give you an additional 7mm (for 14mm) protection over your core...this has the zipper in the front).

Bare Elastek 7mm Full Suit

Customer service from Bare has been nothing but great for me. Good Luck!

For lake diving in Canada (5 - 15°C), I used an Akona two-piece 7mm suit. Farmer john full leg under layer with a jacket top layer. The rental fleet here had several styles, but all were front zip for the jacket and velcro shoulder straps for the farmer john. As the lakes warmed up over the summer, I would swap out my thick hood for a thinner hood or no hood, so it was nice not having an attached hood. The Akona suits stood up well under rental use, so I'm guessing they'd be long-lasting as a personal suit.

Thanks for all the reply's. I am 5'8" and about 210lbs. I suffered a back injury and the back zips I have used cause me to twist certian ways to shimmy out. They were so stiff that it was uncomfortable. I had used a front zip many moons ago snorkeling (I think it was a jet ski suit) and it was pretty easy to get into and out of. I had spoke to someone and they said to use a skin and the suit will slip on and off like it was greased. I have never used a farmer john and may have to look into one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom