8-10-08 Monterey Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Short dives and not too many pictures because my dive buddy was too worried about our new pup Otter's first day on the boat (she was an emotional wreck, but did better the second dive--Otter that is)

In the Breakwater lot
8-10-08Ottersfirstdiveday002cnf.jpg

First time on board
8-10-08Ottersfirstdiveday010cnx.jpg

First mate
8-10-08Ottersfirstdiveday015cnx.jpg

This whole diving thing is wearing me out!
8-10-08Ottersfirstdiveday021cnx.jpg

Now for the UW stuff. First dive, Trevor's Pinnacle near Aumentos

Painted Greenling
P8100008-01sm.jpg

School of Gopher Rockfish in a crevice
P8100014-01sm.jpg

Crab on a White Spotted Rose Anemone
P8100013-01sm.jpg

Not a great picture, as it was in a hole, but the first Longfin Sculpin I've seen
P8100009-01cropsm.jpg

From Shale Island

This Shrimp probably doesn't know that the Tunicate colony it's sitting on is mounted on the back of a decorator crab.
P8100026-01sm.jpg

P8100027-01sm.jpg

Great shots as always Larry!

OMG, Larry!
you own a boat :O

Great shots Larry. Hopefully with Otter's successful first dive outing, there will be fewer emotions next time.

Thanks Paradicio, Deefstes, Tuner Fish and SPG3K.

OMG, Larry!
you own a boat :O

Yeah, after about our first two months of Scuba, we got sick of crawling over rocks and searching for parking spots and dressing places to shore dive as well as spending a couple of hundred dollars on half day excursions and bought ourselves a hole in the water. Other than the $5000 transom replacement it needed shortly after purchase (long story) and routine maintenance, it hasn't really lived up to its reputation. It certainly opens up better dive sites. I know plenty of divers who've done most of their hundreds of dives in Breakwater cove. We're too easily bored.

Great shots Larry. Hopefully with Otter's successful first dive outing, there will be fewer emotions next time.

Thanks Steve. With the excitement of getting up at 5am for a two hour drive to Monterey, meeting about a thousand people at the Breakwater, sitting through a restaurant patio dinner with a pack of less than friendly dogs at a nearby table and the ride home in traffic, the poor girl was so exhausted she skipped her breakfast the next morning, went back to bed and slept in until 9:30! I'm sure she'll get accustomed to the boat ride and lose some of the separation anxiety of waiting in the boat after a few more trips.

Beautiful Larry! Your photography is getting sooooo good. How did you get the rockfish to line up like that? Do you have some kind of underwater whistle or duck call device?? Otter is beautiful, she looks just like a little pit bull female (Misty) that we had for 14 years. Enjoyed seeing your lovely better half and your boat. All the best, ++Ken++

The lifevest is classic!!! Hey Larry, nice pics. Isn't it time for some stacker lenses so we can view the tonsils on some of those shrimp? I missed a dive opportunity in Cali last month. My housing was in the hands of Oly. I've only dived once in Cali and that was my 1 day business trip to Catalina Island. I loved the dive and can't wait to dive places like La Jolla and others further north.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom