a big hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whacky

New
Reaction score
hi all i am from the UK and have had the shove i needed to finally learn to dive after years of getting round to it a friend has booked for us to go to sharm

any how i want to learn before i go and was just going to do the PADI open water course but it has since been suggested i do the Avanced open water course to before i go as the extra dives involved will help me when i get to sharm

i was hoping for some opinions on what i should do just the open water or the advanced before i go

First of all, welcome to the SB... My suggestion would be to start with your open water of course, then do as much diving as possible. Im a firm believer in a diver getting as much dive education as humanly possible, but jumping right into AOW scares me just a bit. Once you have that title, it's just to easy for dive ops to "assume" your a seasoned diver, when in fact, that might not be the case.

ok from what people have been advising i am thinking of the lines of OW before going to sharm, then do some diving in sharm in october. then when i get back from sharm look into doing my AOW after that sounds like a good excuse for another holiday to

:laughing: well there you go then.... Any excuse for a holiday is a good one... Let us know how it all works out for you.

Cheers

El Orans:
Hello Whacky,

You can do AOW before your trip as long as you remember that you should consider it additional instead of advanced open water.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

thats kind of how i was thinking doing my AOW would mean i have more dives before sharm but either way i intend to enjoy the holiday

Well, I'm not there tonigth. I'm on Utila Island this week, but wanted to log on long enough to welcome our new members. :D

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom