A bit of help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 questions, what weight and trim class? ( I have a day of diving and coming up with Bob Sherwood that will help and I hope to do fundies that will really help) i do have weights on my cam bands. I have heard of more weights on ones back but i am not sure how that would work, especially if i needed to ditch weight i have to be in Pilobolus to make the reach...:bounce3:

when i did at DUI dog day last year, they gave me a weight harness, now i dont know what it was that made the harness so uncomfortable ,the suit did not fit, my straps were tight and the harness was very difficult on my shoulders, but maybe i should give that another look.

dont jump down my throat, but i am trying to stay within GUE gear and I am pretty sure that is not on the list...let me keep trying to lessen my weight and see if that helps. :D

moving the tank did help a bit. and I am pretty sure now, that not getting air into the bottom half of my suit was because I was not horizontal. I did not know that was a prerequsite for this action. I need to practice .

thank you so much for your kind answers. I cant wait to try them out. just looking for a buddy to dive with...:popcorn:

I cant get air into my legs....i have been feet down for over a season. first i thought it the fins and changed them out, then we moved my tank up a notch. then when all configs were good to go, i was horizontal in the pool but there was no air in my legs...I thought this odd when i first dove the suit but also chalked it up to my weight belt being too tight. so i took off the weight belt put some weights in my cam band and NOTHING. i can get air in IF i do a somersault, then I am feet up and corking....there is not a middle ground. I stood in the pool, inflated like a balloon and all the air stayed on my top this is with nothing but my b/p and wing/tank. All I know is that when i use my air, under water, like a bc, if i over inflate, instead of it going to my legs, its going out my neck seal and I am getting wet there. I can feel it like an over flow....
Diagnosis from afar is always dangerous, my interpretation of what you are experiencing may be completely wrong, so while my intentions may be good, my advice may be worthless. ... But, it appears from reading the original post, and your follow-ups, that the problem is not that you cannot get air into your legs / feet. Rather, most of the time in the water, you are probably slightly vertical / head high, and the air bubble stays in the top part of your suit. When you move to a slightly head down position, air DOES go to the feet, but too much goes, and you end up inverted. Several have mentioned the tightness of the weight belt, and the BP harness, and you responded that you have tried taking the belt off / loosening the harness, and the problem persists. I have noticed that I tighten my belt quite a bit before entering the water, and then have to manipulate the belt underwater, to get air to move to my feet. Same with my BP harness waist strap. So, even after you address this issue, keep in mind that you will want to monitor the effects of waist strap tightness during the dive.
All I know is that when i use my air, under water, like a bc, if i over inflate, instead of it going to my legs, its going out my neck seal and I am getting wet there.
So, if you overinflate, the air has to go somewhere, and it either comes out of your shoulder valve, or displaces the neck seal enough to escape there. Escaping around the neck suggests either a LOT of air / big air bubble, or a neck seal that is generously loose. It almost sounds like you have too big of a bubble. If you stay slightly head up, you are OK, but if you go slightly inverted, you get a big air shift, and end up inverted. You have looked at fin weight, tank size and position, weight position. (Personally, I have not found that using the DUI W&T harness is a useful approach, but that just may be me.) You have moved some weight up to the tank cam band. Is it possibly that you are attempting to add weight to push you head down? So, I would also ask, how comfortable are you that your total weighting for your gear configuration is optimal - have you looked at adjusting the total amount of weight? If you are somewhat overweighted, you might be using more air in your suit, and the effect of the bubble shift may be more noticeable. If you are even slightly overweighted, you may end up adding more add to maintain neutral buoyancy, the bubble will be bigger, and if you dive in a slightly head up position, already, the bubble will exacerbate that position.

Several have mentioned using some bulky pants, and that is an option. But, even for that to work you have to get at least horizontal enough to let some air into the lower half of your suit. One other consideration might be the use of gaiters around your lower legs, to limit the amount of free space on you lower legs IOW, you use them to end up with enough free space to add some buoyancy and allow you to remain reasonably horizontal, but not so much that you go inverted. I didn't see mention of that, but may have missed it.
if i do a somersault the air WILL go into my legs. but i dont want to rely on that method for trim. it is also very disorienting.
I have found that doing a somersault is ultimately not necessary. But, I do have to orient myself slightly head down, usually when I reach target depth, so that I can actually feel the air moving to my feet. At that point, I refine my trim with my wing, keeping enough air in my suit to minimize squeeze, and when I do this.

so here i am again after taking all suggestions into the quarry and to no avail.

I have been in dialogue with Tyler S. from Whites and he does not know what the problem is. I just sent him all my measurments... and he has NOT gotten back with any answer as to his opinion of the fit....I can say that i have a TON of baggie on my legs from the calf up and the top is wide open....

many instructors have dove with me and as i am totally horizontal on a platform have tried to pull my suit away from my body to let air pass from my upper parts to no success...????

i can descend (i have photos to prove it!! ) in a horizontal legs up frog kick, its when i need to add additional air to get the squeeze off that the trouble starts. no air passes to my legs. and my buoyancy is thrown off, my trim is non existant and i am there on the said platform trying to get air into my legs.

now this is not reasonable....in any dive situation. even if i were not trying to keep a GUE trim, i am feet heavy at best.

I will try to email whites directly, but i fear that they will also tell me this is not the norm. and i need to be horizontal before air will pass to my feet and around and around we go.

thanks for listening...

A SHOUT OUT TO WHITES. CAN YOU PLEASE ADDRESS THIS. I AM EITHER GIVING UP DIVING OR SOMETHING DRASTIC IF I CAN NOT FIX THIS PROBLEM. I DO NOT THINK MY SUIT FITS. HELP ME PLEASE......

THERE IS NO DEALER WITHIN A FOUR HOUR DRIVE FOR ME TO TRY ONE ON AND GET AN EXPERT OPINION.

Wendy - we have now exchanged 10 personal emails, lots of suggestions from SB users here and from myself. If you feel you have exhausted all of these options including finding instruction from a qualified Fusion user who is also an instructor, it is clear that hands on instruction is your best option. You need to talk to your local dive store, or the store that you purchased the suit from to discuss your needs and concerns.

I understand that you bought the suit from Mike at Dive Right In Scuba (he is very familiar with the Fusion) - he checks these boards often, drop him an email. Whites is simply too far away and we do not have any reps in the area to help in a hands on manner.

Best of Luck....

Tyler

If any one knows a contact for the folks working at the Whites demo day can you pm me please. there is a dude, tony who may be able to dive with me and help me out.

thanks. w

thanks tyler, I know you have tried to help. I did not mean to imply that you were not responsive. Only my frustration....I have not had any instruction from a qualified Fusion user. That is what I am trying to get to. There are no local dive shops here that carry fusions. I will keep on trying. and again YOU have been very helpful and responsive.

As this was a gift and bought from not a LDS but one on the internet in illinois many many states away from me, its not really an option to drive there but ya know what? i just might do it. thats how much i want this issue solved.

w

w

Last edited:
:hugs:
Posted via Mobile Device

hope thats you and me, cause i am pretty sure tyler is fed up with me.... :(

i got a fusion teacher today...so that will help.

i was told to stop posting and stop getting too many opinions.. oh well. whats a girl to do?

Listen to that very smart person and get off the board and go get more dives in your suit :D

Remember the word of the day, well the word of the day on Friday...."Buoyancy Control" Focus and just do it :wink: Put that smile back on your face and have fun! Your stressing and over thinking it!

Im still scratching my head as to why you didnt call me back in May when you were having this problem....Next time DONT WAIT WENDY!!! :D

THis shout out to MIKE and PAUL yes. yes yes.....i had a most wonderful dive today after dropping 12lbs. breathing correctly and using my suit as told.

I cannot thank both of you enough for getting me back on track and back into control.

hugs and kisses for both.
w

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom