A/C resort with pool food and drink on site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also if we wanted to go to A.T.M. and Tikal could we do that by adding one extra night to our stay somewhere near san ignacio or is ther a better local for the one extra night?

thanks in advance

The ATM tour was one of the coolest things I've ever done. It takes most of the day. Tikal was awesome, we spent 1 1/2 days touring it. It was nice being there in later afternoon and early morning when the day tour groups weren't there.

all of the locations that are mentioned are good, you might also look at Caribbean Villa, next door to Xanadu and just down from Banyan Bay. The palm is also nice small pool but closer to town,
As for eats, add Wild Mangos to the list, Portofino's is a great evening as they will pick you up from Fodo's dock and return there as well. Portofino' resort meet all your requirements except being in town, they do have boat service several times a day (Free) great pool, beach, and food.
you will have fun where ever

if you are planning to do ATM and Tikal, I would suggest staying at Jaguar Paw Jungle Resort Jaguar Paw-Belize Vacation Jungle Resort. Cave Tubing
:D I haven't stayed there myself but have talked to a few others who have and they thought it was worth every penny. :D

Reef Village right over the bridge is open for business. they have both rooms and villas. The pool is very cool with the bar right there. They also just opened a restaurant. They are still doing construction but the 3 times we stayed there it really was a non-issue and the prices are a little lower right now because of this. Not on the beach but not to inconvenient if your an avid walker not a problem if not golf carts an option or bikes. Bakery everymorning is within walking distance as well as a couple of small local restraunts.

Robint - these dining links are priceless!!! many thanks

trip advisor is not a reliable source for information in my opinion. People who post there are non-divers and expect something completely different from their vacation. I read one report where a couple trashed a resort because they didn't provide pool towels and that there were people saving chairs by the pool. Sheesh! :shakehead:

$50-60 per meal? Sounds way high. Maybe Belizean dollars.
Belize Vacations, Tours, Resorts, News, Hotels, Travels, Flights, Weather, Maps, Real Estate
restaurant prices and menus:
Belize Dining Guide, Restaurants, Dinner, Lunch, Meals, Delicious, Food, Restaurants on Ambergris Caye, Belize

robin:D

If you go to the "things to do" on Trip Adviser you will see several posts about dive centers from divers.
Another couple of ideas for your request is Banana Beach, Phoenix Resort, both have pools and places to eat and lounge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom