A few pics from Burma Liveaboard trip last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
Just got back from Burma liveaboard trip. The sites are loaded with macro stuffs, lots of morays, shrimps and at certain sites, quite a few palegics as well, mantas, reefsharks etc. I was having a little senior moment and forgot to add the extra extension ring on my port for my macro 70-180mm zoom lens and was wondering why the lens did not focus as near as I usually was able too. Did not figure that out until I was packing my gear at the end of the trip but at least I still got some decent macro shots here and there. My wide angle shots are still pretty pitiful. One of these days I will get better at it (hopefully).

whiteface-blenny_270.jpg

3-morays_142.jpg

yellow-crinoid-shrimp_397.jpg

Those are really nice shots...I really like the one of the 3 moray's. very nice. thanks

I really like the face on the first one.....the last one is striking also with the black background

Karl

What settings are you using for that last shot to get such a colour saturated foreground but a pitch black background?

Ed.

Very nice crisp shots. Thx for sharing.

Robert

Great focusing and shots!

Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing them. First one is my favourite.

edneeves:
What settings are you using for that last shot to get such a colour saturated foreground but a pitch black background?

Ed.

I assume...

This can be done in broad daylight easily. Set the camera on manual four stops+ GT the available light. Set up the flash to match the camera aperture setting. Instant black background assuming the background is NOT within flash range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom