a few restaurant questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been eating VERY well. Some of the recommendations in this thread have been spot on. We had been thinking La Perlita tonight, but we were spoiled with lionfish ceviche on our surface interval earlier in the day. We defaulted to Los Otates. I don't know what it is about that place.
Be sure not to miss La Perlita, though; their coconut lionfish is absolutely delectable.

Chardonay Restaurant (bright pink) on 5th in San Miguel. Best lobster and grilled fish I've ever had! Highly recommended. Also, the Blue Angel Resort, where we stayed, had consistently excellent food and fair prices.

Be sure not to miss La Perlita, though; their coconut lionfish is absolutely delectable.

Big plus to that!!!
I got the coconut lionfish along wit the grouper ceviche - which was also incredible.

Chardonay Restaurant (bright pink) on 5th in San Miguel. Best lobster and grilled fish I've ever had! Highly recommended.

Thanks for the Chardonnay tip...haven't head of this place and will definitely try in December!

Did we miss something about Los Otates? It was the most unmemorable meal. Scratch that. It was memorable in that I basically got a chopped up cows tongue on a soft taco. No seasonings, sauce, anything. Just tongue. Completely and utterly underwhelming. It still stands as the biggest disappointment as everything I read hypes this place up.

Give me El Pique anytime.

Did we miss something about Los Otates? It was the most unmemorable meal. Scratch that. It was memorable in that I basically got a chopped up cows tongue on a soft taco. No seasonings, sauce, anything. Just tongue. Completely and utterly underwhelming. It still stands as the biggest disappointment as everything I read hypes this place up.

Give me El Pique anytime.

Ugh. That's what salsa and toppings--onion, cilantro, radish, whatever is on the table--are for. You add what you like to YOUR taste. That said, I prefer tongue to be sauteed a little. I do recall that Los Otates (and others) does not sautee the boiled tongue. Maybe others prefer it plain? As much as I love Los Otates, there is room for improvement in my opinion!

Okay, I'm going to write up my "report" on the restaurants mentioned in this thread shortly.

I don't eat fish, so just the meat restaurants please :wink:.......

My wife lives on fish.....

The pub usually does a nice pulled pork special on Sundays. For the true carnivores I have heard very good things about El Billy's BBQ.

Los otates will make both of you happy. You can have the eyeball and brain taco (among other carnivorous options)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom