a new Artificial Reef For Divers - Volunteer Call-out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PrincessOfPower

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Pacific Northwest SCUBA Board-ers

Many of you no doubt know that BC has one of the coolest collections worldwide of artificial reefs available for divers. If you haven't yet dove on any of them, I highly recommend checking them out (as long as its within your comfort zone and training, of course!), they make great dives for anyone - photographers, critter lovers, wreck-o-philes, techies etc.

The Artificial Reef Society of British Columbia (http://www.artificialreef.bc.ca/) recently announced the beginning of their newest project: the HMCS Annapolis! This 371-foot Destroyer has a helicopter deck and hangar, plus an exterior bridge on the upper deck. Planned to be sunk near Vancouver in 2009, the Annapolis is certain to become one of the most unique and popular additions to the fleet of ARSBC artificial reefs on the British Columbia coast.

The clean up phase of the HMCS Annapolis is about to begin, with the first group of volunteers scheduled for July 19 and 20!! This phase will continue every weekend after that, and is expected to take at least 5 months giving us 20 weeks or roughly 40 days, requiring 12 persons each Saturday and Sunday. This is an exciting opportunity for divers to get to know the ship before it is sunk and be a part of BC Diving History!

This is where you come in! We need volunteers! if you, or anyone you know, if interested in helping make this project a success, please contact me at kwoods@artificialreef.bc.ca and I'll get you worked out. I have volunteers speaking up from all over BC and washington, so even if you think you're limited due to a ride or whatever, contact me anyways, I can probably help get you out!

I'll stress again that we're looking for a lot of volunteers, so please get the word out if you can!

Cheers,

Kate Woods
ARSBC Director of Membership and Communications
kwoods@artificialreef.bc.ca

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom