A new way to prevent DCS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly how old are you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

When Moses parted the Red Sea, Thal was there as a consultant on fluid dynamics. :) :)

It was hard to get the hippos off the swim platform.

Lemon Gatorade is the answer for me.

Lemon Gatorade is the answer for me.
I've been told that for proper hydration Gatorade should be cut 50:50 with water. Don't know if that's true.

I've been told that for proper hydration Gatorade should be cut 50:50 with water. Don't know if that's true.
According to my favorite scuba physiologist, Dr. Jolie Bookspan, no.
See for example #27 at this site:
36 Myths of Diving Physiology
I cut it with water just because I’m cheap.

I am a believer in the GatorAid. I load up on juice and or Gator Ade before the dive. Some of the local ops provide a keg of gatorade along with the drink cooler.

Oh, the only thing I learned from Phillipe was to avoid a back roll entry when wearing just a pair of nut huggers. (shudder)

According to my favorite scuba physiologist, Dr. Jolie Bookspan, no.
See for example #27 at this site:
36 Myths of Diving Physiology
I cut it with water just because I’m cheap.
I'd trust Jolie completely.

Gatorade is WAY too much sugar for the average person. For prolonged endurance and serious physical output, it's great!! I think it would be great between dives but not for everyday hydration. Water still wins on that one.

On my last dive I stuck with water before....oh, and a couple Bonine. :)

Back
Top Bottom