A request to the "new" DIR advocates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helps keep Scuba Board civil. Anyone who is immature
is a Mr Poopy Pants.

a stroke and a steenkeeng troll I still have to begrudgingly agree with him... :tease:

Actually, even those insults (said only in jest and to make this point) probably raised your cackles and there I was agreeing with him! It IS how you say it, and it takes great care and craftsmanship to disagree politely. I am still no good at it though I do try. People can still take what I write in the wrong way, even though when I re-read my post it all makes sense to me. If I wasn't really good friends with Ckharlan (or WAS good friends) then I would never have attempted the humor. It is human nature to construe the worst intentions over the slightest provocation.

Case in point... there was a recent thread that was getting a tad ugly, and I was attempting to point out that I would like the poster to refrain from the increasing personal attacks, because I was sure he wouldn't want to be called a poopy head. He took it as a threat! Here I was trying to get him to understand my feelings (that I was insulted), and to this day he thinks I was calling him a poopy head. Will I try and straighten him out? No, not worth it, and I think it would degenerate into a "you said but I said" scenario. I know what I meant, and will probably never get him to believe it. People who know me though, know that I do say a lot in jest and am rarely mad enough to throw real darts. That doesn't mean that people can't misconstrue what I say to my own detriment and so I try to be careful with what I say and how I post it.

So whenever things get too hot, and the "other" party is offended, I am WAY quick to apologise and move on. Life is too short to hate people over imagined slights. I would rather build bridges than just to make a steenkeeng point. Really.

NetDoc once bubbled...
a stroke and a steenkeeng troll ... :tease:

You have me pegged. :D

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom