A Stryker Hello from the land that rain forgot...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stryker

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wanted to drop a little note and say hi to all the great friends I made in my last few months in Southern Cali before I left.... I am currently stationed in the Island nation of Bahrain and let me make a suggestion, if any of you EVER think about coming out here to vacation/dive/ect., DONT!!! The water is disgusting (except far off shore), it is VERY salty (burns your eyes like OC Pepper Spray), but for some reason despite all of that, I see all kinds of sea life (while patrolling the navy harbor) from my boat....

I am getting ready to move to the United Arab Emirates on Sunday for 6 months and hopefully ill FINALLY be able to get back in the water (after 3 months im about to lose my damn mind)....

I hope that the diving in California is super and that everyone is doing well... Feel free to drop me a line at djstryker009@yahoo.com....

Seth
AKA Stryker

P.S. I am kinda disappointed I havent received any emails from my "fan club" recently....

California diving has been off and on this Summer. The persistant red tide of Spring left during early September, but has snuck back into our lives. Missy discovered a new as yet unidentified nudibranch. Also nobody but a small harbor seal was bitten by the great white cruising La Jolla a few weeks ago. :D

Hey glad to see you check in!

Hope you get to dive a lot (and that it's good diving) in your new place.

Take good care of yourself!

Kimber

Seth, I hope you are doing well and stay safe. Have some great dives in UAE. The Red Sea is your friend! :D
Get back to Cali so we can dive more! The conditions here are going to be excellent for Lobster opening night!
Take care,
Robb

Gee, Stryker, I thought you were referring to SoCal as the land that rain forgot and I was going to remind you of last winter. Now I understand. Wonder how much extra weight you have to add to dive their due to the higher salinity. Hmmm.

Be safe.

Actually, I was thinking about you just this week. I knew you were heading over in 6 months when we first went diveing, buy that sure was a fast 6 months.

Good to hear from you! I had been wondering where you'd gotten to (forgot you were being moved around by Uncle Sam). Good luck getting back into the water.

I dove Redondo Beach last night, worst vis I have ever seen there. Red Tide. My gear stank on the way home, and needed a long rinse.

Whats up Seth? Good to hear from you man. I am lobster diving with Aaron on Saturday so we'll make sure to get some bugs for you! Hope all is well man. I would have written to you sooner if I knew how to reach you.
Take care man
John

Stryker:
Seth
AKA Stryker

P.S. I am kinda disappointed I havent received any emails from my "fan club" recently....

Umm, we still talk a lot on Yahoo ding dong, but I guess that doesn't count as "email" huh? :D
I miss having you as my dive buddy (but you already know that)... talk to ya later, gator!

Seth!

It's great to hear from you!

I hope you get a chance to do some of that Red Sea diving. I hear it's great.

Be safe.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom