A Stryker Hello from the land that rain forgot...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seth! Hey Dude! We all miss ya here.... damn time zone differences make it hard to chat. Need to send ya more photos too.

Hope the Red Sea is treatin' you well. Gotta get out there and have you show me around!

Take good care my friend. :)

Good to hear from you, Seth!
Aren't you glad you jammed in all those dives in SoCal to help get you through the dry spell? Sucks, big time...sorry to hear it's been so funky so far.

May your next adventure have plenty of ocean you can actually see through, and some good friends to enjoy it with.

I thought about you last week, as I checked out the rocky point entry at Old Marineland. Due to a little swell and my buddy's lack of recent dive time, the better part of valor was to enter at Cobble Beach. We successfully did.
But as I looked at the point, I smiled, remembering your first dive there: you practically scampered over the stove-sized boulders and splashed assertively out through the white water....looked like ya' owned the joint!!! Good on ya', mate!!

I wish you plenty of Red Sea fun.

Stay in touch and regale us with your dive reports!
Claudette

Seth,

Thank you for commitment to the armed forces. It means a lot to me that you and your buddies are over there taking care of business so we can enjoy freedom back home.

Have fun diving the Red Sea. Take lots of pictures. I expect to see your new BP/W rig well broken in by the time you get back around here.

Good luck and be safe.

Aaron

Well first of all Dr. Bill, you are definitely right about the salinity.. its HORRIBLE... The water here is too warm to even wear a skin though so I think it probably evens out or maybe drop a few pounds from what you dive with a 5 or 7mm suit...

To everyone, I am not going to be in the red sea, but still the persian gulf.. but believe me, if I get a chance im going to hop on a plane there so fast my head will be spinning when I land....

Im glad so many people responded... its kinda crazy to think that all these people on here STILL keep up on this thing.... I figured the novelty would wear off after a while, but I was WRONG!!!!!

Updates to come later...

Stryker,
Please forgive me for not responding before now. I know how it is not to have contact with anyone, especially when you're somewhere you don't really, really want to be.
I take it you're in aviation in some capacity?
I'll drop a line weekly. Won't be anything interesting, probably, but at least it'll be something from "back home".

the Kraken

Call sign: Killer Spade 13, "B" Co., 229th Assault Helicopter Bn., 11th Avn. Grp, 1st Cav. Div. (Airmobile) Republic of South Viet Nam - 1969/1971

229th Assault Helicopter Bn., 11th Avn. Grp, 1st Cav. Div. (Airmobile) Republic of South Viet Nam
Always thought it was a rumor that at least one helo pilot survived 'nam.
freeswimmer

You know Kraken, I never understood your little motto under your name until now... I thought you meant hover as in hovering while diving...

Glad to know there are so many fellow aviators that enjoy diving as much as I do... Unfortunately at the moment I am not a professional aviator, but I will find out this month if the Navy wants to send me to flight school....

By the way, what type of Helo did you fly?

Hueys: UH-1A, B, D, and H
Corba: AH-1G

In sunny southeast asia I flew one tour medevac and one tour assault.

the K

Back
Top Bottom