AA airfare sale till 7-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The seat belt is for the turbulence...to keep you from smacking your head on the ceiling and then falling on (and injuring) other passengers. It is rare but it does happen. That is why they ask you to keep them buckled throughout the flight.

Well hopefully this isn't a bad sign of things to come. I just got e-mail AA has already moved my connecting flight from 7:00 am to 8:30 am which cuts my layover in dallas to 40 minutes which is what I was trying to avoid by taking earlier flight. Any weather delays or mechanical issues i'm screwed. Hopefully a bag drag isn't in my future.

Any DFW layover that is less than 1.5 hours will always get me to cancel or reroute my flight. Especially in the summer months because their union is allowed to stop operations the second a storm rolls in (I am not saying this is good or bad - just stating it).

I used miles to book a ORD-CUN direct flight on AA. I normally do the ORD-DFW-CZM route. I liked the idea of getting to CUN direct, then taking my time getting over to Coz..Got an email the other day telling me that my original flight has been cancelled to ORD-DFW-CUN. Not the end of the world however a bit of a pain. Would not have booked the CUN landing if I knew we would have to layover in DFW..

Well I just called AA and got back on my ealier flight. Now have a two hr layover again. They adjusted my first flight time by 15 minutes was the reason they gave me for moving me to later flight. So ok for now.

Flew AA last month Atlanta to St Croix, with layovers in Miami and San Juan, the ATL to MIA and the MIA to SJU were over booked. The planes were filthy and the flight attendants rude, one attendant complaining of 14 hours on duty. When I landed in SJU I noticed 2 very large bug bited on my arm, then 5 more on various parts of my body, the bites itched terribly and caused throbbing pain down my arm. I showed an AA supervisor who called Paramedics, they examined me and felt it was bed bugs that made the bites. Did I get a "I'm sorry sir for your troubles" or a "Let us make it up to you with an upgrade"...nothing, not even a thank you for flying AA.

I used miles to book a ORD-CUN direct flight on AA. I normally do the ORD-DFW-CZM route. I liked the idea of getting to CUN direct, then taking my time getting over to Coz..Got an email the other day telling me that my original flight has been cancelled to ORD-DFW-CUN. Not the end of the world however a bit of a pain. Would not have booked the CUN landing if I knew we would have to layover in DFW..
I've had luck with the multi-city booking option at the beginning of the AA.com on-line booking area. I enter:
ORD-DFW-CZM/connect
CUN-ORD/direct
I, like you, do not mind the CUN-ORD as long as it is direct. Get the global entry/trusted traveler and then customs at ORD is a breeze.
We've done it a couple of times before and its looking like this fall trip will be the same way (booked multi-city). You may see if you can change it since they changed it on you...
May the force be with you!

Thanks.

Time to book a Dive Trip!

Flew AA last month Atlanta to St Croix, with layovers in Miami and San Juan, the ATL to MIA and the MIA to SJU were over booked. The planes were filthy and the flight attendants rude, one attendant complaining of 14 hours on duty. When I landed in SJU I noticed 2 very large bug bited on my arm, then 5 more on various parts of my body, the bites itched terribly and caused throbbing pain down my arm. I showed an AA supervisor who called Paramedics, they examined me and felt it was bed bugs that made the bites. Did I get a "I'm sorry sir for your troubles" or a "Let us make it up to you with an upgrade"...nothing, not even a thank you for flying AA.

WOW!!!!
That is the most horrific thing I have ever heard. Bed bugs? In an airplane? I guess I never thought of it. I've spent my career in and around airplanes and never seen/heard of that. I would write a letter 1st to customer service then to the president of the airline with your story. Its not the airlines fault some dirtbag brought them on the plane but, I have issues with creepy crawly things and that sent a real chill up my spine. Maybe they can take you there or another place to make it right.
I've done 24K miles on AA this year and 9K just last month and all AA employees seem truly concerned for their employment outlook and took very good care of me (and my wife on the last trip).
Wow, I hate creepy crawly things that bite me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom