About to start my scuba certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdk8505

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings from Denver NC, just outside of Charlotte.

I have wanted to scuba dive for about 30 years but have never gotten around to it. My son had shown some interest in scuba too so we gave him lessons for his 21st birthday. Today we went and got our snorkeling gear and we start our lessons this Saturday and Sunday. We are both excited and I look forward to get away weekends with this son for scuba, which will help balance out my fishing weekends with my other son.

I look forward to meeting some great people and starting another great adventure this weekend.

Steve

Welcome to the board.....

I didn't start diving until I was 59.....should have started much earlier, but I didn't have a clue that it was this much fun! My son has 12 years of diving on me, but there is nothing like a dive with your son or daughter.

Welcome! Spend some time looking around, get to know some of the characters, and ask away! We started as a family about 6 years ago, I was in my mid-late 40's.

Good luck I just got certified at the beggining of the month...you'll have some great times with your son.

Congrats!

Get it done, no more waiting :D

Congrats!

Get it done, no more waiting :D

Couldn't agree with you more. Did the orientation tonight and we are off to the pool Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Certified 4 days before my 51st, had never previously considered it. Best thing I ever did, and my favorite dive buddy is my 17 year old son. We have an awesome time together underwater!

Best of luck, and have fun!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. My son and I finished up our lessons today and will go for certification next month. The lessons were great! I hate to wait that long to get certified, but our schedules are in the way.

If it's going to be a month before you can do the OW dives, ask the shop if you can come in for a quick pool session before your trip. It's hard to hang onto brand new skills for a month without practicing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom