ABWA Price Increase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bamamedic

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere between "hold my beer and watch this!" a
# of dives
200 - 499
For the first time in 6-7 years, Wayne Atchinson is forced to raise his prices a bit: The dive entry fee has gone from $20 to $25 (including tax), and the cost of an air fill went from $6 to $7.

Unfortunately, it's been more of a more difficult winter than usual (not many people want to dive in 40 degree weather), and the economy hasn't been particularly kind to dive shops.

They've also changed their winter hours to Sat 9a-5p, and Sun 1p to 5p until April (if memory serves). They are open by appointment, on other days, so if these days don't fit into your schedule, give them a call.

Anyways, come out and dive! Most days you'll practically have the quarry to yourself and vis is usually spectactular (if this rain would stop!).

See ABWA's website at www.divealabama.com for further info

Rita (part time tank monkey)

P.S. Since ABWA doesn't allow for solo diving unless you're certified as a solo diver, if anyone is in need of a dive buddy, feel free to PM me. I'm usually available every Saturday.

i'm usually able to go saturday or sunday if anyone is interested as well, i've been there with rita every saturday for the last month :coffee:

I missed last week, but the week before was 56-55 top to bottom.

My Lds is taking a trip to there and has it listed as only $20 to dive for the day. I will have to let them know about the price change. Thanks for the info.

No problem...as the designated ABWA Scubaboard person, it's my job :D

Docc, I'm probably not going to do the bikini dive this year...I can barely stand the water temp in my drysuit and thickest undies! :) I've become such a wimp. Haven't seen ya at the quarry in forever! When are you gonna come by and say "hi"?

No problem...as the designated ABWA Scubaboard person, it's my job :D

Docc, I'm probably not going to do the bikini dive this year...I can barely stand the water temp in my drysuit and thickest undies! :) I've become such a wimp. Haven't seen ya at the quarry in forever! When are you gonna come by and say "hi"?

I'll be there this weekend. Doing a class on Saturday. May dive Saturday or Sunday depending on how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom