Accident at Vortex Springs 8-20-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching that video gave me chills. No cave dives for me. Thanks

That's why those of us who do it every weekend are a small number. Its not for everyone. But it can be done safe and its worth the training we go through. If we follow our training we are more likely to be killed on the way to or from the dive. I can't imagine being some of the people who love it like Cave Diver and live so far away. I would go nuts.

That's why those of us who do it every weekend are a small number. Its not for everyone. But it can be done safe and its worth the training we go through. If we follow our training we are more likely to be killed on the way to or from the dive. I can't imagine being some of the people who love it like Cave Diver and live so far away. I would go nuts.

He is nuts... it has nothing to do with how far away he lives. :D

Yeah, I've only been down twice this year. My regular dive buddy has had a family issue so we've scrubbed 2 trips. Heading down in 2 weeks, though. Mostly backmount due to the buddy teams going. I start getting twitchy after a while out of the caves.

Yeah, I've only been down twice this year. My regular dive buddy has had a family issue so we've scrubbed 2 trips. Heading down in 2 weeks, though. Mostly backmount due to the buddy teams going. I start getting twitchy after a while out of the caves.

My twitching starts on Mondays :D

I haven’t done a lot of posting recently however I have religiously though read these forums day and night to feed my fix on diving. But after reading post 260 I would like to put something out there for any money hungry lawyers in the future.

Should I be foolish enough to do something that ultimately cost me my life – and while doing so knowingly break every basic concept of training that I have had in the past that should have given me the slightest idea that I was not supposed to be doing whatever it was that lead to my fate, then I dare some money hungry lawyer to place blame on those around me. Obviously you must make a penny or two by placing blame.

I would hope my friends would have a beer over my name and speak of the good times. And if saving my sorry ass to get me out of the pickle for which I placed myself in so much as jeopardizes their safety. Well all I can say is, I can push tulips from a cave as easily as I can a coffin.

And FWIW my resume includes 21 years of seeing death face to face, seeing the consequences of decisions like these, seeing all to often the family members who never got to say goodbye, and many-times the last words of my patients before they passed. I am sorry for the loss of your friend - or potential client. But at the end of the day, he is where is is now by no other means that his on effort.

Ken

You can rest assured that no "money-hungry lawyer" can file a complaint without your "money-hungry relatives" asking him/her to do so.

So I just heard the diver that went down today didn't find anything. He said he didn't see any sign of anyone being that far in the cave. Where else could he be? Could the spring have carried him out? Didn't they think he was in a deep and extremely narrow space?

So I just heard the diver that went down today didn't find anything. He said he didn't see any sign of anyone being that far in the cave. Where else could he be? Could the spring have carried him out? Didn't they think he was in a deep and extremely narrow space?
Who went today? Where did you hear that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom